"Dark" blood elf

Not really. Each existing race in the game borrows parts of its culture from existing cultures in the real world.

1 Like

Skin color is not a culture.

32 Likes

For there to be lore to explain this, this would suggest there was lore against this in the first place. There has been no recorded - to my knowledge anyway- lore stating that there aren’t dark skinned elves. There are broad range of skin colors for nightelves that could suggest the evolution of night elves to high elves skin color would evolve in the same manner from fair to dark skin.

Also, imo there doesn’t need to be lore for skin color to show up in elves since…you know, racial skin colors should be a given and should have been a thing anyway :slight_smile:.

14 Likes

OP; Don’t worry, just sparkle!

[Seriously, they threw lore out a long time ago. Why ask?]

9 Likes

oh this is really getting heated now

:popcorn:

5 Likes

Their lore reason for Humans is that they have always considered humans to be diverse, ie: human diversity in its entirety. But it’s not subject to anything beyond that because it’s Azeroth.

I would say their reasoning for BEs may be the same. Either way I applaud them. Use the customization or don’t, but it shouldn’t effect you.

5 Likes

Pandaren don’t look like irl asians. They look like Pandaren. They don’t need to explain why there’s red Pandaren with a long tail, for instance.

7 Likes

They are just typical Blood Elves that spent too much time laying out by the SUNwell.

11 Likes

he’s a tolerant individual , dont you see?

5 Likes

True, but if they want to make it interesting they will add a backstory and a culture.

1 Like

I would say yes in the way of diversity. There’s nothing suggesting that a group of aliens or fantastical beings in any world is all a carbon copy of one set features. It should be implied imo that diversity exists in all forms of …races. Fantasy or not :slight_smile:. SO yeah, i’d have to agree with your post here.

4 Likes

If it helps, could push the lore team that darken blood elves come from wherever those ships with the unicorn sails disappeared to. :thinking:

2 Likes

I’m sure there are some tanning booths in Azeroth. Seeing as Blood Elves are slaves to fashion, I’m sure they’ve been using those tanning booths.

3 Likes

Exactly. Just how there’s really light blue Draenei and dark purple Draenei.

2 Likes

My dude, do you have any idea how volatile elf skin color is? It’s, like, their entire lore. Blood elf demon hunters already have the option to be shades darker than their Silvermoon brethren.

7 Likes

silvermoon city is really more like sunlight city. never understood the silvermoon part, since the moon is not even a feature in any of their iconography. its more a word you’d find describing a night elf city

2 Likes

but we have fel inside and demonic attributes

3 Likes

Mm, again I already said this earlier but there’s nothing suggesting that with night elf skin color varieties that the equivalency of the skin color for night elves simply wouldn’t just be transferred to high elves when they evolved.

3 Likes

^ That is in lore, its not being as diverse as humans so much as they were mutants. Slight and mealy mutants.

2 Likes

That’s a very tenuous lore assertation. I don’t think “diversity” itself is even mentioned in blood elf or human lore at all.