"Dark" blood elf

Okay so we now have Dark skin tone blood elf which I don’t care about it and I think it’s perfectly fine to add more ethnicity when lorewise it makes sense. EXPECT lore wise what blizzard, all of the sudden Dark skin blood elfs pop up, like can we get some lore explaining how and why this happened ? It would be cool if they were some elf that distance themselves that weren’t a part of the High Elf when they move across the great sea and made their own kingdom. But this really comes out odd and forced in my opinion.

Here’s the twitter pictures for them if your curious how they look like;

76 Likes

the light sunwell gave us all really bad tans

90 Likes

I keep saying these aren’t black blood elves, they’re charred night elves

38 Likes
14 Likes

That’s what happens when you’re pale. You just roast in the sun. :wink:

We know them as light skinned elves, but nothing really ever said they couldn’t have darker tones. I don’t think it’s lore breaking. Other races have different tone variations too. Night elves vary from blue to purple, it’s not just one color.

25 Likes

How I’m I mad, I just want lorewise for it to make sense is all.

30 Likes

hmmmm this seems like a non problem

15 Likes

Is this why you haven’t been to the barber for a chiropractic adjustment?

33 Likes

He has embraced the Horde power curve. You just try to be like a human.

3 Likes

Don’t try too much to make sense of it, they just want to be a bit more inclusive with human-like races. Everything is all over the place in the world at this point, lore in WoW wouldn’t be any different.

7 Likes
2 Likes

Yep you got me.

How does it break the lore? A people, bathed in constant summer and sunlight, are somehow still porcelain dolls and not the least bit tanned.

35 Likes

Oh thank god! I can finally stop wearing this skin-lightening cream! It turns my pee a funny colour!

10 Likes

That’s a fairly good point, but how come they never popped up till now ? It’s kinda odd tbh

4 Likes

We’re just gonna assume that they were always there. Just like asian humans.

19 Likes

Does that mean we will have non-asian pandas at some point?

9 Likes

Blizzard just never cared to add it. Just like the myriad of other customization that never came until now.

False equivalence.

15 Likes

I always said the Blood Elves were the Humans (or Draenei) of the Horde. They follow almost everything after being evangelized by Velen.

So… Why not?

1 Like

I’m not thrilled either but representation is still “in” at Blizzard.

I’m sure it is just virtue signaling, nothing to quit the game over for now.

Edit: Reasons to quit the game (for me) would be: Blizz keeps kicking NE in the teeth, my classes are no longer fun to play (also have a BE mage), Blizz keeps it up with the bloated systems and grinds.

20 Likes