"Dark" blood elf

oh no problem. i didnt take it as mean. and i agree. full range of skin options is not unusual. that they dont manifest blue or purple till they’re voided, is odd though. they should have the full range of nelf skin colors, to be honest, cause they evolved from nelfs and not the other way around. haha

2 Likes

only because tolkien is based on european folklore. would be odd to see pale blondes in the folklore of asia, for example. haha

3 Likes

When did I say anything like that ? also Yogsothoth is expressing in agreement with you so please think a little more.

“you guys” really cute way of lumping in people that disagree with you as the enemy, almost sounds like something a actual racist would do :thinking:

the “tolerant” being intolerant it seems.

16 Likes

stretches as farrrr as she can go

8 Likes

I do agree lol I don’t know if blizz perhaps planned that out very much like they should have. I guess at least now they’re trying to make an effort with the customization but I do agree there haha.

I think this makes the most sense since you have Blue skin night elf all the way to purple skin night elf. Which when they evolved it could have changed to similar skin tone of those of humans. Your explanation is the most sound Araedrialles

3 Likes

they broke off from the highelves, ganged up and called themselves bloodelves. That’s why they should not all be white.

1 Like

Love it. I’ve wanted dark skin and not-blue dark hair for such a long time!

6 Likes

Yeah, don’t get me wrong I understand if people want some sort of lore explanation but imo I don’t think there needs to be one since it should’ve already been insinuated that there were these skin tones somewhere. You already see “somewhat darker” than porcelain skin tones for belves in the current creation screen but just not outside of fair skin tones really.

In most fantasy worlds it should be safe to assume that no matter the race and how outlandish it may be there’s some form of diversity so I just equate the skintone evolution to the skintones of night elves as I’ve always equated the darker purples and lighter purples for night elves as the same way :slight_smile:.

5 Likes

Here’s what I’m getting from all this…

If we look at dwarves, for example, Blizzard was originally inspired by Scottish culture, hence why they have only been white until now. Their appearance reflected that culture. Humans were inspired by Americans/Europeans, hence why they’ve had some more diverse customization compared to other humanoids. Elves were originally inspired by Tolkien elves, who are blonde w/fair skin. The cultures that are not white have typically been made into races like pandaren or trolls. That’s how it’s BEEN.

What I’m getting at is CURRENT WoW has removed race inspiration to give people more options. Does it make all that much sense? No, not really. But that’s not a goal of theirs anymore.

7 Likes

No not necessarily. To insinuate that humans did not have their own diversity OUTSIDE of white americans as inspired would be a false assumption. Not to mention there were darker skins and then i believe they got lightened later.

The fact that they’re bringing in diversity to their own races just makes sense as it always should because diversity should be implied in any fantasy world. Not to mention, the entire world is a giant melting pot now, and to assume they’re all purebred and the cookie cutter white with blue eyes or whatever other features other cultures may have wouldn’t be accurate. Not all asians have the same skin tone even if they’re fully asian or half asian.

Not to mention there’s items in inns of actual food from all over the world that don’t necessarily correlate to their respective “race representation” in wow. At least to my memory. Lemme see if I’m right one second.

8 Likes

As long as orcs can’t be pink, idc what color races are. How often do you see your characters skin anyway?

I hope that’s not the case cause it’s a slippery slope if they stop to care about it and only focus on it looking cool to look cool or diversity for the sake of diversity.

4 Likes

Signey used confusion

it was super effective!

I don’t think this will lead to the bloodelf male model with breast implants as an option.

3 Likes

The complete assravaged nerd rage of this boy because he thinks lore > player choice

4 Likes

Ah I was correct. So, if you go into the Horde Inn (Assuming same for Alliance inn as well I’m unsure really) in Dalaran (New) there’s an item you can purchase called Scallion Kimchi which is a Korean dish :slight_smile:. There is no implication that it is of ‘pandaren’ culture or anything pandaren related as it is only called Scallion Kimchi. I say pandaren because pandaren are the only implied asian representation in WoW currently. However, Pandaren aren’t really korean representation as someone who IS korean american. So it would imply that koreans are something that exist outside of what should be represented by the other races that represent a specific ethnic culture.

Edit: This ofc connects to

this post.

If it makes you feel better, when Shadowlands hits, everyone is dead.

1 Like

Did I say “white” Americans? No, I said humans have been the most diverse because they’re American.

I’m simply telling you that Blizzard originally was inspired by different cultures for their races. This is why Asian culture was reflected in pandaren and Scottish culture was in dwarves.

Because players who primarly play humanoid races want more options, they’re doing it. In other words, they’ve given up their past culture inspiration for the sake of appealing to more people.

5 Likes

Right but the post I just put above about the Scallion Kimchi only further proves that not only does Pandaren not lump all Asian representation, but that there is asian representation elsewhere that is not specifically pandaren.

Edit: The same would apply in other cases :slight_smile:. I ofc cannot say factually in other dishes like I can when it comes to asian dishes since I am from asian descent is why I used that one specifically as an example.

1 Like