Dalaran destroyed? What's the count now?

You realize there is more “war” than faction war? The “war” never left lol.

3 Likes

You mean, like Anduin/Turalyon is replacing Varian, Shandris is replacing Tyrande, the council replaced Magni, and that one girl is replacing Genn and so on?

You can have succession without deaths, as long as you are not horde I guess, except for Thrall.

1 Like

How dare you imply the war against the primalists or the war against the void are wars

3 Likes

Right on. I always thought it would have been fun if they allowed you to choose which faction you were regardless of race.

2 Likes

Imma wedgie anyone who says no.

No. The faction war has been played out and is done. Even bringing it back in BFA was a huge cliche and a failure.

2 Likes

gives Vralok a wedgie

Remember, you brought this on yourself.

And this despite the fact that Varian was unlikeable enough to almost make post-Wrath Sylvanas exhibit a glimmer of good :stuck_out_tongue:

Then again, have you seen the Alliance playerbase sometimes. Before the social contract went in, Stormrage trade chat basically looked like AM talk radio or Fox, except the commercials being for boosting and guilds …

Not sure if it really got any better either, I haven’t really been back to Stormrage for more than the briefest of times since SL S3 (or even Retail all that much in general, I finished the first zone of DF on a Hordie at some point and might’ve started heading towards the second? I can’t remember now. LOL).

Finally, someone is talking sense.

1 Like

If you want to play Warcraft that badly, go and play the RTS games.

This game in question is “World of Warcraft” where “Warcraft” refers to the universe, and “World” refers to it being a MMO. Guess which part is the most important aspect for a MMO.

That’s a trick question: Neither is “more” important, you need the Warcraft universe to have a world of it, but you also need the world to continue to change, adapt, and evolve as we play within it. That’s why the faction conflict has been severely lessened because guess what, even in Warcraft the Alliance and Horde grouped together to side with a (mostly) neutral (when compared to the Alliance and Horde) faction to fight a greater threat.

If you just want the faction conflict, go and make some alts and level through all of BFA again. Or go and play Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne and go and fight Daelin.

The faction war is nonsense and should have ended with TBC.

Vanilla? Sure. It was a world building experience with no over-the-top threats.

Every single expansion after that (barring MoP) has been the world banding together to prevent everything’s destruction.

The faction war re-igniting every couple years in that sort of environment is utter nonsense. They don’t have to be buddy buddy. There can be skirmishes here and there as minor plot points and to justify PvP. Whatever. But full blown faction war storylines should have died forever ago.

It’s a forced plot point kept around because of Warcraft’s older history, and it needs to stop. It’s not interesting.

3 Likes

If we want to flip the script what needs to happen is:

Alliance:

• Looses several leaders. Half of them went crazy and tried to kill everybody.
  • The crazy leaders got most of the story attention, so the Alliance is now the faction of war crimes.
  • Despite that, after it’s all over the story will pretend it’s all fine because some Alliance people fought against the crazed leaders.
  • After Mekkatorque dies, his replacement seemingly only really gets captured or helps the Horde.
  • After all the Greymanes die, the new Worgen leader is somebody who seems a lot more aligned with the Horde than the Alliance even though they assure us they’re totally for the Worgen.
  • Once the whole arc is concluded, everybody spends the next expansion following around a bunch of Horde characters. Sorry, but Thrall needs a new weapon with a very precise amount of shaft.

Horde:

• The leaders get powered up and they get a bunch of cool new stuff that would give them the advantage against the Alliance. This is almost always ignored in-game so that they don’t ever get the advantage against the Alliance.
  • A few leaders go neutral. Proper neutral too and not that “I’m helping everybody but I’m still very much my original faction” neutral.
  • The Horde loses some territories. They get them back in the narrative, but this wont be reflected in-game.
  • For the first half of the arc, the Horde’s only real story involvement is being purely reactionary to the Alliance. We’re actually gonna spend a whole expansion helping Anduin save the world before we even do this arc(which I guess we’re doing anyway?).
  • After complaints about the above, a whole story arc will be planned for one of your leaders. The story will pretend like it happened, but it will have been cut from the game.
  • After it’s all done, the Horde leaders will forgive the Alliance for their war crimes. One leader can still be mad about it, but he also has to accept this and step aside for a new leader who will work with the Alliance.

Oh and at some point in the middle of all of this we’re doing Warlords of Azeroth where we go to AU Eastern Kingdoms and fight against Aedelas Blackmoore who rules over everything. It’s not really a faction thing, but the expansion will be 90% Humans.

1 Like

I think this would be an awesome change of things. However I’m probably in the minority.

Unironically support this.

2 Likes

Unfortunately when he starts losing he summons the void to help him. This leads us back into the Worldsoul Saga.

However it’s also going to result in Turalyon dying to some random trash mob.

This is why the faction war sucks. Someone always has to be the bad guy because Blizzard is incapable of writing anything else.

It’s not really a World either, since every expansion only happens in a small hub.

Hub Craft. That’s the new name. or Craft Hub.

1 Like

hmmmmmmm

1 Like

I, for one, am down for 1,000 years of peace and prosperity with my fellow Horde.

World of Friendshipcraft

2 Likes

open warfare between the factions has always begun badly written, and end badly written

I prefer the Vanilla-TBC cold war/rivalry thing where both sides support smaller partison groups like those who you work for in the battelgrounds

I would certainly not say no to some more internal faction conflict, especially on the Alliance side. The House of Nobles has NEVER been properly fleshed out. Perfect space to start some GoT stuff going.

2 Likes