Daily reminder that defending in Wintergrasp is obscenely overpowered and needs to be nerfed

Had a game the other night as Alliance on Defense, and we played soooo poorly that we lost ALL the workshops in the beginning. Only managed to down 1 tower and retake SR once or twice.

We still won though because reasons.

1 Like

40 min afk bg is too long!!

2 Likes

bump! I used to love WG…now if I spawn defense I attend the SR fight if we win(almost always) then I stream netflix on a second monitor for 40min while jumping/using random ability in the base. If I spawn in on offense I attempt to tell people not to go SR proceed to go get kills of NPC’s then once the team inevitably wipes SR I go to parts of the map we used to farm elementals and stream netflix on a second monitor for 40min racking in my free honor because thats the only reason I’m in the EPIC dumpster fire battleground que to begin with…my effort will increase whenever corporate greed decreases and some SMALL modicum of blizzardvision’s resources can at minimum PATCH up the bg’s since a complete overhaul is and has always been entirely too draining on the budget to consider.

Agreed. Horrible horrible. Needs offense buff.

Won as attack yesterday on merc mode as alliance.

Pretty sure most of the horde either didn’t know what they were doing, or were all afk.

First time i’ve won on attack in WG since Shadowlands dropped

+1

1 Like

In the short term, either offense needs a buff or defense needs a nerf (Blizzard-side solution) - need one or the other. In the meantime, just keep afking out if you happen to load into offense (player-side solution).

It’s unlikely that they’ll overhaul the map (the ideal solution), they too stingy/probably don’t want to spend $$$ on the dev/man-hours it would take to redesign the map from scratch.

Your post is all wrong.

80% is too low. Its more like 90% win rate for defense.

1 Like

Don’t worry as the gear starts catching up horde will start winning offense as they were doing at the end of BFA… only need to wait 2 years for it .

The last few times I’ve been in there, the Defense reached SR before us, and were able to build catapults a few minutes later while we had nothing.

They get there faster than us. Are we just coming in the wrong way? Is there any way to get to the flag at the same time (earlier) as the defense?

10 minute que, 40 minute plus fight for 456 honor…we had one guy die 34 times before he left the BG. It is terrible. Every single time you attack 75% of the team doesn’t know what to do, and literally ask what are we supposed to do…

2 Likes

They get there faster than us. Are we just coming in the wrong way? Is there any way to get to the flag at the same time (earlier) as the defense?

You can’t get there before they do, you just have to out play them, have better healers and better dps. Wipe them, max build, assault east wall while protecting vehicles. It all comes down to the team.

Problem with that is that they’re at SR first. That means they can build catapults seconds after we get there. Then it doesn’t matter how good we play.

i hate getting on attack…we might make it through the first wall (if we are lucky) but the three towers are almost always down by then and 16 tanks come rolling through from westpark, retaking BT, then wiping us. then the clock cycle starts of them going from WS to WS. not fun on offense at all.

but I continue to try even though I die a lot.

Attacker’s position on Wintergrasp is the only position I’ll literally AFK out of and refuse to play. Luckily, when you take an AFK penalty to get out of the game, your other characters are not penalized and the penalty is not account-wide. Just queue up for a match on an alt and wait out the 15 minute penalty then come back to the character that was penalized after 15 min.

I’m in the same boat as you. Immediate afk out.

As soon as I see I am attacking /afk out

Same! Quite immediately as well.

Bump. Blizz are you awake? Counting profits?

i fully agree its unbalanced mess and is the reason i cancelled my sub screw this BG who tf is testing these and saying this was a good idea to release quality control has gone down the crapper with blizz.

You canceled your sub over 1 bg? :joy:

I mean, I get cancelling a sub over not enjoying the overall game, but unsubbing over 1 bg sounds like an over-reaction.

If it’s true that you actually unsubbed over 1 bg that’s just another reason why blacklist should be in the game. When people stop playing/give up on the content (in this case, epic bgs) over the presence of 1 bg map, that’s a problem.