D4 event and griefers

Right, I want to kill him on Alliance I got my Alliance chars and do it on them and vice versa :slight_smile:

1 Like

tab targeting is probably a recipe for disaster.
chances are you’d just end up beating up on a dummy.
plenty of times i’ve seen gobo dead, and people are still blindly attacking a dummy :grimacing:

see above :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I think my biggest issue was getting around the flagged Alliance in Org this morning but wasn’t too bad.

Almost made the mistake of hitting a toy today but spotted quick enough to avoid it :slight_smile:

Again, missing the point. Im not trying to argue over the point. Im just saying…there is literally no other reason to do it unless you just want to impede others’ efforts and annoy the crap out of people. Thats all. No reason to get all offended. its really not worth it XD.
As far as the feast…there are still times on my server where its packed and gets to legendary X3. But there are definitely times when noone is there. Just depends on day of week/server.

2 Likes
1 Like

but there is.
it’s a game.
people should be able to play while they wait.
it’s not a waiting room or a library.
it’s silly to expect people to get to the location, dismount, and just do nothing while they wait.
I’m not offended, I’m annoyed.
It’s breaking my brain how people can’t seem to just… get on with things, without the need to find something, ANYTHING, to complain about.

It seems that there are two very distinct groups of people.
Group one: “Improvise, adapt, overcome”
Group two: “Complain, demand, tantrum”

I’m happy to make a full tutorial for how to create a target macro, and assign an “interact with target” key if that will help make peoples lives easier, and ease the complaints… but it won’t.
People who want to complain, don’t want solutions. They have an ingrained need to find problems.

3 Likes

LOL fair enough. Funny though, Im one of those people who NEVER COMPLAIN about anything in this game. So much so that my friends get annoyed with me over loving everything about it. This, on the other hand, just bothers me.

3 Likes

All that matters, is that Lilith gets a redemption story

Trash people are trash people, at least they don’t try to hide it though, Blizzard should start handing out bans for people that grief other people though.

5 Likes

If people weren’t being toxic and trying to greif other people thered be no need for these “solutions” or workarounds.
People just need to not be jerks…
And yeh if someone is deliberately trying to impede someones gameplay people have every damn right to complain.

You literally answer your own question here:

Thats why people are putting those there. They aren’t putting them there to “play with their toys” or “look at the pretty punching bag” they are putting them their to prevent other people getting a tag. It’s toxic and selfish.

I know how to use a macro, I’ve made and used them so I’m not fighting for myself here, but my issue is for others that don’t/can’t/haven’t or that experience severe lag from the event etc.
It’s just crappy overall behaviour that a player would want to ruin another players experience.
There is no reason to ever justify that kind of behaviour.

9 Likes

There is no reason for the toys, I agree. I am also a macro user, because I knew the toy thing would happen. Or using the giant potions or trinkets or whatever to make your character 86 feet tall and standing on the portal. It is nothing more then ignorant troll behavior to make up for having a both a tiny brain, and a tiny… well, you get the idea.

It isn’t going to change. Been happening since vanilla. I agree something should be done, but we all know nothing will be done.

7 Likes

They fixed it in some raids, as well as at the soup event so they can fix it if they want to but it’s more them wanting to and people not just going out of their way to be total jerks and griefers to other players.

4 Likes

you know what?
i’m going to do that little guide.

i’ll try to make it as basic as possible, and then ask for input to fine-tune it.

i’ll post in the “new player” forum, bookmark it, and can link it every time this issue pops up.

it’s not a case of “solutions” or “workarounds”.
it’s just … basic gameplay.
nobody needs to do anything over the top.
they can still keyboard turn all they want.
they can still click their abilities if that’s what floats their boat.

this is not possible.
it is NOT possible for a dummy to prevent a tag.

it’s possible to tab to anything… especially when some of the spawns are out in the world where there are regular mobs wandering around.
…but surely players can take on enough responsibility to use their eyes and LOOK at what they’re targeting during a 30 second fight?

1 Like

If it weren’t for the fact that I use Rare Scanner, which has a built in target macro, I wouldn’t have gotten a single kill on the goblin. I’ve sen people stack tents and benches and Dummies there in Valdrakken. But I will say, that’s the only place that I have seen the issue.

I did pop down my Atomic Recalibrator in Stormwind tho. And people had a blast running over it while we were waiting. It was a massive line of Toons just running back and forth.

BUT, I made sure my toy wasn’t in the way. AND that it would despawn by the time the portal popped. IDK why doing something like that is so hard for people…

2 Likes

The lag is so insane. I dont even bother with a macro. It’s worthless when you have 0 fps. As a hunter, I pop volley for the tag attempt.

Yesterday in Org it was so bad that even that didnt work. I have the target on the ground and just have to click. He spawns. Zero fps and the attack never happened despite me spam clicking and hoping it goes off. And it does. When he’s 30 yards away and dead.

3 Likes

Yeh sure if their game was running with normal FPS and lagfree for the whole 30 seconds the goblin is alive…
But thats not what happens.
You can barely see anything thats happening the game starts lagging and dropping frames like its going out of fashion.

Sooo many tags i had to hit my macro hit a spell and pray it lands.

So yes that’s exactly why those people are doing it, to make it even harder on top of the already lagging frame dropping mess those events are.

And you know this yet for some bizarre totally strange reason you are repeatedly defending toxic behaviour.
Beats me why anyone would :woman_shrugging:

3 Likes

Couldn’t people just use AoE spell?

1 Like

Like you don’t know toys are used for greifing players, this is not the 1st time this has happened.

You know this already, so not sure why you’re being so contrary.

6 Likes

That’s what I’ve been doing. Drop an AOE as it spawns and wait for it to die.

If the command actually registers. When you click it and it doesn’t actually go off

5 Likes