D4 event and griefers

This event is NOT fun. BLIZZ…PLEASE make it where toys, target dummies, etc are not permitted like you did the community feast. The lag is so horrible when event starts its hard to even target the goblin…when you have a hundred people with all their toys/target dummies, etc. It makes it even worse. For the life of me I dont understand why people go out of their way to make things so difficult…or what they get out of it.

**edited because I posted originally in wrong forum.

34 Likes

Yes please, this is just insane that Blizz didn’t think people would do things like this. They should know by now that some of their players are going to try to ruin it for others.

7 Likes

Wouldn’t a macro counter the toys?

2 Likes

Yeah, I made a macro to target/conflagerate. It works, but is super annoying that people do this. There is no reason other than to just bug people. Not everyone knows how to make macros. Some peeps dont even get a hit on him before hes gone.

9 Likes

Probably the same pleasure they get when they slide their tongue up the window.

23 Likes

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Good point!

2 Likes

14 Likes

It’s the same as when people intentionally get on their biggest mount to block an NPC. Happens all of the time.

People live sad lives, I guess.

17 Likes

Only if they ban grouping up for the goblin.

Either way, doesn’t bother me anymore since I managed to get what I was after but still having to deal with the sharding killing RP servers.

1 Like

He don’t die THAT fast where you can’t change targets in time lol. Speaking from experience where i did him on a highly populated server/shard, where they also put down targetable toys.

8 Likes

what they need to do - is put the person’s name on the toy that put it down, eg player X’s punching bag then at least you would be able to identify and report these players for griefing

12 Likes

people make themselves big and if you have an entire swath of that, it makes it hard to even see.

I haven’t had a problem yet but with all the crap out and the lag around I can see missing a tag because of spell delays.

And why are you defending this behavior anyway ?

3 Likes

you don’t need to see.
you know the exact spawn point.
make a target macro.
use it.

it’s a 5 minute wait for the spawn.
people SHOULD be able to use toys.
wanting to report people for playing, in a game, seems rather spiteful.

6 Likes

Mizzy is that you?

Youre missing the point. WHY do it? Its just to cause other people grief. Its just like the feast event in Iskarra…it was crazy with all the toys/punching bags. Blizz finally fixed that issue. Made the event 100x more enjoyable. I like my toys too, but there is literally no reason to put them up near that portal. Its just to be immature and annoying. Macro does help, but not everyone knows how to make a macro or even understands them. For those people, they cant even get a hit on the goblin because of the major lag.

7 Likes

yeah, so enjoyable, nobody turns up anymore.

they could do something crazy like… ask.

people don’t seem to have any issue with asking where the next spawn is.
i’m sure they could also ask for assistance with creating a basic macro if they need it.

these discussions always boil down to pretending people are incapable of doing things.

2 Likes

I don’t find the event fun for a number of reasons. Griefers are one of them. Unfortunately the event is just rather lackluster

3 Likes

It appears that your first kill of the event gives you a bag with goodies in it. After that you get nothing but more of that goat pet and buff charms. Once in a while a bag, but essentially the transmog and mount have been removed.

1 Like

You know , I am usually onboard with removing problems etc … Not really this time. It is a three week long event ,then it is over. They are not going to spend time making changes to something that is temporary. You are just going to have to suck it up and use your macro. In three weeks or whenever it is over you can sit around a lag free org again .

Not true at all. I got the mount and bag in the second kill of the day yesterday.

3 Likes