Customization for Shadowlands: Undead / Forsaken šŸ’€

Great Ideas! Love it! Sign me up! @Blizzard - DO IT! ALL OF IT! :+1:t3:

2 Likes

Thank you!

2 Likes

Youā€™re Welcome :slight_smile:

I will probably play a forsaken without bones (and that moves me heavily in their direction for my next horde character), but I would absolutely play one, perhaps even make it my main, if they werenā€™t hunched. For what itā€™s worth!

2 Likes

Way back in WC3, the Dark Ranger-style Forsaken were my top choice, and NElves were second. I wanted to play one of those so bad! Then I got WOW, flipped to Undead, and promptly nopeā€™d my way out of that monstrosity. I love your ideas - Iā€™d like to try the Forsaken still, but I canā€™t get invested in the thing it is at the moment.

1 Like

I donā€™t like thatā€¦ i rather undead stay their own independent model and build off there.

Besides i already hate Nathanos for being a regular human model on the Horde.

Thank you :slight_smile:

Hey to each their own, I respect your opinion but I disagree with it. Iā€™m with the other guy, I think more options for the undead that make us all look different is a good thing for the game. No two undead / forsaken should look the same IMO

How many times in a Zombie Movie or TWD have you seen two zombies that look exactly the same way? More customization is a good thing IMOā€¦

Just my two cents :slight_smile:

3 Likes

fair enough

most people see a diff opinion in this forum and then get real butt hurt nice to know you are different

2 Likes

Thanks, same to you as well.

Honestly if everyone in the world were the same, it would be a pretty boring place. Hope you have a good weekend! :slight_smile:

based on the examples we saw at blizzcon I dont think weā€™ll get new models as customization beyond more faces or things like that. Every thing seemed to be new skins and textures on the already existing models. I could see straight backed which would be awesome. I enjoy the creepiness of the hunch but some mogs are definitely meant for upright models.

I could see the dark ranger models (pale skinned red eyed elves) as customization for Blood elves since itā€™s the same model just different skins but thatā€™d be pretty much just as good imo. Undead night elf at most would be a night elf option but that seems unlikely.

The hide bone option is cool. I think itā€™d be cool as well if they had even more skeletal options in contrast. Also i think itā€™d be cool if they had an ā€œetherealā€ type skin to look like ghosts. Theyā€™d still be the forsaken model just with a transparent look to it.

3 Likes

It would be nice to have a larger variety of undead types too. Some of the new ā€œnon-boneyā€ types that were shown at Blizzcon looked almost vampire-like, which would fit in with an undead Night Elf.

1 Like

Agreed, and I like your transparent skin / Ghost idea!

Agreed!

Oh WOW! YES PLEASE!!!

2 Likes

I really hope they do more than just add a ā€œHide Bone - off/onā€ option. I would really like to customize which bones I hide or unhide in gameā€¦ Fingers Crossed

Agreed, would love to see some of these options come to the game!

Now that 8.3 is out, iā€™m eagerly waiting for news about Shadowlands and customizationā€™s for the old races!!!

They announced new race customizeations for shadowlands. Undead are slated to be able to hide their bones like you suggested. Thereā€™s word that youā€™ll also be able to stand upright, but I havenā€™t seen confirmation of that yet.

2 Likes

God I hope so!!! :crossed_fingers:t3: :crossed_fingers:t3: :crossed_fingers:t3:

what i would really be interested to see is maybe a full skeleton option. as in no flesh at all

3 Likes

I love your idea for Dark Rangers! There should be model option on Forsaken since, that faction consists of more than undead humans. This option would make the toon actually feel undead to me as they would have the racials.

For corpse runs itā€™d be cool if your Dark Ranger became a banshee until they resurrected.