Customer support

I literally tried to contact them about a payment issue and it says they are open to live chat 11am - 8pm CST. I waited hrs to talk to them personally and didn’t even realize the CST part. I was expecting a PNW Time Zone because of where they are stationed… and the online chat is still blocked out? There was a small windows of time last year where I could so I thought it was brought back.

The live chat has been spotty for a while now. I think it’s getting better since the huge ticket backlog was worked through.

What kind of issue are you having? Did you try a problem with purchase ticket? Or a payment issue ticket?

2 Likes

The zone is noted, mine show PDT. If it is lit - it’s available, if not, the queue is full, or it’s not available. I know this week they were planning on it being down a day or so.

6 Likes

It was a purchase ticket but it’s marked under not listed because the issue I had didn’t seem to fit the requirements.

Whether it’s a payment not going through, a service stuck or anything of that sort, absolutely go the Purchase Failure route. Going under Not Listed Here kind of puts it in a general help queue, but specifically going Purchase Failure puts it into a higher queue reserved for billing and account issues.

Purchase Failure direct link: https://us.battle.net/support/en/help/contact/167/ticket

5 Likes

I’m guessing two different types of employees go over that?

I’m actually seeing Live Chat available at the moment.

5 Likes

Off I go now then!

2 Likes

That, I’m not 100% on to be honest. I would think (pure conjecture here, so take that as you will), that there are folks who do specialize in the billing and account whatnot, just like there are those who do the investigations and appeals apart from general GMs and such. I’m pretty sure that’s the case, but I’m wary enough to want confirmation from our resident sleepy panda or one of our other SFAs. :sweat_smile:

The majority of issues that go through their systems though, they can and will handle things through tickets alone. Sometimes it may take a bit of back and forth, but it gets handled.

But I see while I’ve been typing here, said sleepy panda has given you that heads up, so I wish you luck!

I just attempted it again and it’s still grayed out. Is there different ques for if you are outside the country? I’m traveling right now so I’m wondering if that could be why?

I’d leave the page open. Check it every few minutes. If the queue is full, it greys - and lights back up as it opens.

Does it say en in the URL? Don’t know if eu would be open this time of day.

Blizzard Support - Contact Support (battle.net)

2 Likes

Do you know if you have to refresh this in order to see it or will it just light up while I’m waiting?

Try using the lin that Leilleath provided above. It take a second, but then you can click on Live Chat and it should show a wait time there around 20mins. At least, it did for me :wink:

Yes. You’ll want to refresh the page.

2 Likes

I’m just going to constantly press refresh then until it shows I guess. Will tickets from the past or anything keep it from showing up?

It shouldn’t no. But the type of ticket you open will determine if Live Chat is available. That’s why I recommend the link above.

Tried it again right now and it worked on my cell too.

1 Like

well this doesnt make any sense because its not working for me at all…I need to get to the bottom of this. MAybe ill open a new bnet account and see if it works for that one

If you’re able to, try a different browser. Sometimes, going into an incognito mode also helps. Clearing your cache may also do the trick. There are some weird little nuances that work for some folks.

It is still showing as available as of me writing this.

3 Likes

I think it wont allow my IP to live chat for what part of the world im in. I just made a dummy account to see if my account was the issue and im still having the same problem, Even though its listed as an american account.

I just put in a ticket asking why I cant access live chat so we will find out, this is extremeely frustrating.

Did you use the link I posted - and does it come up with en in the URL?

I did in fact use the link and it was grayed out, I did however grab a link to an EU one and it ungrayed and then closed oput after about 5 seconds, So maybe Blizzard is just slammed right now? I dont know, ITs just two of you got in no problem while im still trying and its super annoying.

I really wish I could send screenshots but it wont allow me to.

Ive been Refreshing for over an hr nopw and it stil wont let me get a live chat available.