Customer support

I’ve been trying to use live chat here on the US side for over a week - it doesn’t work, they just want tickets idk

ive never even seen live chat available and ive been checking almost every hour for a week now

It’s driving me nuts man. Customer support says I can and the customers say they can’t. It’s gone on forever.

If it’s in regard to your race change issue, live chat really isn’t necessary. Most tickets are being responded to within hours, so long as they’re categorized properly.

There are very, very few issues that cannot be addressed via ticket. It’s always nice to be able to chat through it and have that interaction, but it’s rarely necessary. Absofacto, I gave you the same link for Purchase Failure in your own thread. Perhaps one of the SFAs can see something to give you a heads up, but definitely get your ticket in as well so it can start working it’s way through the queue.

Just as a by the by, both Perl and I are customers, just like you. So it’s not solely on Blizzard’s end when there are customers that can queue up for live chat.

Aside from you saying it’s a purchase issue, if you’d like? By all means please let us know what your issue is - omitting any account information that could jeopardize your account security, of course. Is a payment not going through? Are you having issue purchasing a service? It could be something we’ve seen come through here and can help troubleshoot or whatnot. Those of us who lurk around here are always happy to help as best we can, and we see a lot of things come through here. Even if it’s beyond us, you’re no worse off by giving it a shot. ^^

3 Likes

Ehh it’s a weird and complicated one. I made a mistake with a name change token (purchased service) however at the same time I also got my cell phone stolen so I couldn’t log into my account for awhile. So I ended up doing an account recover process which took some time. After that I tried to fix this issue but they are telling me too much time has passed to fix that purchased service issue, I asked them to make an exception due to my circumstances… it’s however taking over 24 hrs just to exchange a couple of sentences back and forth and I’d much rather have live chat where I can clear it up in about 5 minutes.

Also at the same time they are telling me the purchase was a month ago when in reality it was 2 weeks ago and I showed my math…. I’m worried they will be offended from the correction…. But that’s basically the issue in its entirety.

Yikes. I don’t think that they’ll be able to make an exception if it’s been that long, unfortunately.

The limit is 3 days based on the Refund Policy that the GMs would have to follow.

I mean, you can try for an exception, but I’d recommend doing that via the ticket you already have.

1 Like

Well that’s partially the issue due to the recorded on my account, account recovery issue. Also I wasnt asking for a refund exactly, just asking if I could get the token back to fix said issue. But from what everyone is telling me it seems like exceptions aren’t really going to happen.

In terms of the live chat issue I could get into EU but apparently it was right at the end of shift so I couldn’t get in and that’s why it greyed out almost immediately when I found the EU link.

It’s almost as If the US region was region locked. If you don’t mind me asking are you a US customer that could get into that chat?

This forum. Na and oceanic i think.

1 Like

In order for them to do something like that, they’d have to issue a refund. There’s no other way beyond issuing a refund, and you purchase a new name change.

I’m confused about how losing your phone meant doing an account recovery too. You would simply need to have an authenticator removed (assuming you have one) and then logging in. I don’t think tickets for removing authenticators are running too long these days either. Most tickets are being handled in hours, not days.

That all said, I still recommend reopening your ticket if you haven’t done so yet. Reopened tickets land in a separate queue and are answered faster than newer tickets.

3 Likes

I had this issue once a couple years ago during covid and they basically fixed it by placing the token back in my account and just reversing the name previously. So was asking for them to do that again.

Thank you for this by the way!

Ps. It was an authentication issue. It’s labeled under account recovery when I was navigating the site. Otherwise the remove authenticater manually became an issue due to them trying to verify with a phone number I did not have. I had to explain that to the dev as well and he gave me a huge list of questions to answer to “recover my account” ps for him the dev to remove it for me. If that makes sense.

1 Like

If they’ve made an exception like that in the past, they are even more unlikely to do so again. I’m afraid you may simply be stuck :frowning: . I agree with others tho, a ticket really will be fine. You’ve spent so much time trying for live chat it would likely have been settled multiple times by now via ticket.

Good luck!

1 Like

A ticket I had submitted as I was spending the hrs for trying to attmept live chat, just trying to jump ahead of it.

Off topic question, how did u get a frontal view of your character as an avatar?

I have no idea! It just… is.