Customer service chat

Been waiting all day to get in contact with blizzard and the chats are still down and hour after they said they’d open…

The forums aren’t an alternative to the normal support contact options as there are no GMs here. It’s possible the queues are just full for live chat and phone callback.

With that said, if you could share a bit about your issue, we’d be able to help point you in the right direction!

1 Like

The Live Chat option may be closed during business hours, based on the current queues, Alisperwind. Basically, if we have a lot of folks contacting us, we may need to temporarily disable them until such time that we can handle those contacts, sorry.

I’d agree, if you can share what your issue is we may be able to better direct you.

2 Likes

I appreciate the help, and apologize for my slightly irritated tone. I have a charge on my account that I did not approve. It was for a 110 boost, and I did find the character who was boosted on my account, but I was not the one who purchased or even created this character. And where I just spent $100 dollars on a vet visit, I just don’t have the money to turn a blind eye to it. I have changed my password as of last night, and plan on adding an authenticator.

https://us.battle.net/support/en/help/product/wow/166/597/channels

It shows as open right now, try refreshing

1 Like

It looks like you have a chat request in. Just be sure you do not leave that page and a rep should be with you soon.

1 Like

So can you help me as well? Ive got 2 open tickets, but they hardly ever get replied too, so I’ve been waiting patiently for 2 days for the Live Chat to be open for use but its still down or “greyed out”.

Keep trying for Live Chat. It just showed as open when I checked. Refresh the page if needed.

I guess ill just keep spam refreshing. My issue is that I redeemed a game time code, and the system said it was successful and that time had been added to my account, but when I try to login it says I don’t have any active game time.

Do you have multiple WoW accounts? Check to see if you added the time to the correct one or that you’re selecting the correct one.

Is it possible that you applied it to the wrong account? Game time codes should be pretty much instant.

You can see which account has game time on it here:
https://account.blizzard.com/games

Yes I have 2, neither one has game time on them :confused:

What happens when you try to use the game time code again?

It says its already been redeemed on my account. With the link you sent me (ive already been checking there myself too) it says both accounts are ‘inactive’. Now here’s the kicker lol. The game time code I’m redeeming is from a retail box of the original wow that I’ve had since 2007. I heard about classic coming out so I thought “hmm maybe they will still work” and to my surprise they did. I wish I would have taken a screenshot of the message I got where it literally said it was successfully redeemed and that the time had been added to my account. (obviously not the case)

The original game didn’t come with a “game time code”. It was a code to make a new WoW account. Those are pretty much useless now as new base accounts are free now and only require that you add game time.

Pretty sure that code you used isn’t actually any good. That’s the issue.

You likely need to add actual paid game time now.

1 Like

Are you positive? See this is why I want to get in touch with a gm haha. Its a free 14 day game time code, that when redeemed said “Successfully redeemed, the game time has been added to your account”

I seriously haven’t seen one of those codes in years and years. The fact that the system may have recognized it as valid yet didn’t actually give game time is not really that surprising.

If you really want a second opinion, you can either wait and see if a Blue can confirm, or you can keep trying for Live chat (or put in a ticket). But I’d be pretty surprised if the system is still designed to apply free game time using those extremely old (like over a decade old) codes.

3 Likes

Yeah it was certainly a long shot, but you can imagine my excitement and frustration when it worked, but didn’t actually work XD. Ty for the help though.

1 Like

Yea, about that “code”. It was for a time when you actually needed game time to start an account before they made them free to play up to level 20. You have to actually PAY money if you want to play the game bud.