Custom sound files not working

Shadow priest cosmic farts and shadow bolts sounding like deflating baloons are getting on my nerves.

2 Likes

I found them by searching sound files at wow.tools, with the term ā€œshawā€, just that. There are a ton of files that match, but I eventually ran onto the right ones. I thought Iā€™d have done that already at some point, not sure what convinced me I didnā€™t.

Thanks for the tip anyhow.

1 Like

+1 to wanting custom sounds back. Some of the laugh and combat sounds are particularly off-putting. Bring the fun back and enable some sort of way for players to use custom sound replacers.

I donā€™t know anything about writing addons, but can an addon play a sound on event detection? Wondering if itā€™s possible to mute the default sound as described in other posts, and then play a custom sound using an addon that detects the event (ability use, etc.).

1 Like

It can, but e.g. the combat sounds are not played specifically for an event. You could indeed mute the default sounds and try to simulate combat sounds on https://wow.gamepedia.com/COMBAT_LOG_EVENT

But it would not really be an elegant solution and probably not fun to make

2 Likes

Still waiting.

1 Like

Yeah still no word from blizz about fixing this that ive seen

2 Likes

What the hell. I come in after hearing the AWFUL worgen female sounds, canā€™t find a working addon to change the worgen form sounds to their human form, and then THIS.

This has been going on for HOW LONG!? God damnit blizzard why is god damn everything pulling teeth with you people? Fix the god damn sound addons YOU broke!

2 Likes

its not just the add-ons they made it so we cant alter the sounds ourselves at all.

2 Likes

Tried using this MuteSoundFile addon a few days ago at the beginning of September, followed the instructions on one of my warlock alts, and it wonā€™t even mute the sound of the succubus slapping her own rear.

whats even worse if the wonderful forum mods took this post from general were people will see it and stuck it in this place. Its like they are trying to hide us.

1 Like

Oh god.

I noticed that my female orc was making the sounds I muted back in WoD (because at some point during WoD or the WoD pre-patch they unnecessarily added some disgusting sounding snarling noises from taking damage/crits), and thought it was something on my end.

Ignoring that, and in anticipation of worgen model updates (and not wanting to hear the female worgen voice), I downloaded a sound replacement pack that changes the Female Worgen voice emotes and whatnot with the Female Worgen Human form versions.

Needless to say, it didnā€™t work.
And the annoying worgen sniffing sounds are back.

Why, Blizzard?

1 Like

I picture blizzard deves as a bunch of Terminators without skin sitting around in a room trying to figure out how to terminate fun when it is detected

not what I think of but hes cold and well blizzard lol

wait, they broke ā€œSniffBGoneā€ too?! lovelyā€¦guess i have no reason to even buy BfA. i feel dumb paying $20 a month to play Classic, and may just take another sabbatical from WoW again now. ._.

bad enough they put that jarring alert noise that occurs whenever yellow text appears on the screenā€¦EVERY. SINGLE. TIME. it was just as bad when they replaced guns and bows with staplers and pop gunsā€¦but making us listen to the disgusting, slobbering and snorting noises of Worgen?

noā€¦thatā€™s justā€¦no. ._.

donā€™t hold your breathā€¦the Grand Expedition Yak has been broken since 6.0 (Faillords of Draenor to be exact) and multiple people mentioned how Cousin Slowhands and Mystic Birdhat no longer say anything when dismounted (ā€œI will roll, roll through the gates of Mogushan Palace!ā€, ā€œYour yak is in another stableā€, ā€œOh woe. Low. Low.ā€, ā€œI am yak rider, and this is my yak.ā€)

the fact that weā€™ve been forced to listen to the pissant sounds of pop guns, staplers and snorting/slobbering mongrels for over a year now, tells me Blizz isnā€™t JUST aware of how upset we are, but they have no intention to fix it, cause itā€™s not ā€œimportantā€ to THEM. ._.

oh yeah and the forum mod moved this post from general and hid it in this forum so less people will see it and comment on it. Almost think someone should post a new post in general with a link to this post to bring attention to it. I shouldnt do it cuz im always on thin ice with the mods as it is cuz im very critical of everything they do

this honestly shouldā€™ve been in Bug Report or at the very least kept in Generalā€¦because next to no one bothers going to the ā€œGuidesā€ section, cause next to no one comes here.

another poster made a thread about this tooā€¦there WAS a workaround, but it was for 8.2.0 and sadlyā€¦8.2.5 broke that workaround, and as it standsā€¦thereā€™s no way to change these godawful sounds.

that jarring alert noise is backā€¦and iā€™m not okay with that at ALL. everything was fine the way it was. i didnā€™t have to listen to the disgusting snorting and slobbering of idle worgenā€¦i didnā€™t have to hear that godawful heartattack inducing alert every time yellow text popped up on screen, my bows sounded like legit bows, and my guns sounded like legit guns.

honestly, if thereā€™s no way to work around thisā€¦i donā€™t see why i bother keeping an active sub for WoWā€¦yeah, i get ā€œClassicā€ but seriously? even that iā€™m beginning to question if itā€™s worth it or not. .-.

I recorded my own sounds for my gun I have .308 gun fire sound files from an ar-10 and even brass ejection sounds and bolt closing and opening sounds. now my gun sounds like my arrow electric stapler /brad nailer and I dont like it at all. I like my war zone like sounds. Explosive fire trap was real explosives. now its sad:disappointed_relieved:

Do the following to mute the sniffing:

https://www.curseforge.com/wow/addons/mutesoundfile

They added changes today that allow you mute certain sounds, the addon listed above lets you manually enter a sound to mute it, Im sure in the next few days someone will make specific mute addons for certain sounds.

enter these into the above addon to mute the sniffing:

564378 sound/creature/worgenfemale/worgenfemale_emotesniff_02.ogg
564383 sound/creature/worgenfemale/worgenfemale_emotesniff_03.ogg
564422 sound/creature/worgenfemale/worgenfemale_emotesniff_01.ogg
564536 sound/creature/worgenmale/worgenmale_emotesniff_03.ogg
564544 sound/creature/worgenmale/worgenmale_emotesniff_02.ogg
564560 sound/creature/worgenmale/worgenmale_emotesniff_01.ogg

i appreciate your helpā€¦but i have no clue how to add ogg files to this addon. ._.

with the addon you only type in the numbers listed for the worgen sniff(or any sound you want to mute), as for finding the other sounds look here

open the addon
where is says ā€˜sound idā€™, type the ID number(jus t the number eg.564378).press ā€˜okā€™

now you can enter a nickname if you want, but you have to press ā€˜okā€™ when it pops up,

then , whether or not you typed in a nickname or not, press the big ā€˜Mute This Soundā€™ button

you can check that it entered ok by clicking the muted sounds arrow. Though if you made an error in entering , it should have appeared in chat.

1 Like

ohhh, you just add them via in-game. okayā€¦that makes sense then.

now i just need to figure out what that jarring, yellow text alert is officially called, so i can mute that too. xP

once againā€¦i greatly appreciate your help in this. OP (and anyone else really), itā€™s not muchā€¦but thereā€™s an addon called ā€œOldGunSoundsā€ thatā€™ll modify your guns and bows to sounds like they used toā€¦itā€™s not ā€œcustomā€ butā€¦at least they wonā€™t sound like staplers and popguns. .-.