Custom sound files not working

Hopefully on Tuesday we’ll get something like that or just a direct way to do it as before.

2 Likes

I havent been able to get casc to work for me since Legion ;l Maybe I’m just dumb.

Adding another voice urging Blizz to correct this. The ability to use custom sounds has become integral to my enjoyment of the game. Destroying this feature diminishes the experience overall.

4 Likes

No response on Twitter, so our best bet is here. Keep on posting! :slight_smile:

I am having serious withdrawals from my rifle and Vanilla bow sound files. A little feedback from the blues would be appreciated.

2 Likes

Just realized that my Quest Progress Sounds mod doesn’t work now either. No more “work, work” or “work complete” to notify me of my progression anymore.

Blizz: you may like your sound files, but some of us want to change or add others. Stop forcing “our way or no way at all” down our throats.

4 Likes

No new updates or fixes for overriding sound files today. :frowning:

works good, has the peon sounds,

I also was able to get my PeonQuestComplete addon to work by replacing the folllowing peon sounds:

Located in peonquestcomplete.lua

ALWAYS make a back up of your .lua file!

questComplete = “Sound/Creature/Peon/PeonBuildingComplete1.ogg”,

to

questComplete = “558132”,

with 558132 being the sound id for PeonBuildingComplete1.ogg

objectiveComplete = “Sound/Creature/Peon/PeonReady1.ogg”,

to

objectiveComplete = “558137”,

with 558137 being the sound id for Sound/Creature/Peon/PeonReady1.ogg
(says “ready to work”)

objectiveProgress = “Sound/Creature/Peon/PeonYes3.ogg”,

to

objectiveProgress = “558147”,

with 558147 being the sound id for Sound/Creature/Peon/PeonYes3.ogg
(says “work work”)

you can look up all the sound ids on

if you want to make the addon work completely, all I did was replace the peon sounds :O)

3 Likes

Anyone had any luck with anything or any updates

1 Like

Not so far, no. I may send in a ticket and create a thread in the Customer Service forums later about this though. I am about to send in-game feedback requesting that they make it possible for us to override sound files again as well.

I asked one of the UI devs about this, they haven’t heard anything about any plans for replacing sound files. It seems they are not involved either way if it’s a database kind of thing

1 Like

Welp. I guess all we can do now is complain everywhere and hope they listen.

1 Like

The squeaky wheel gets the grease lets make some noise

1 Like

I was going to post that today and you beat me to it! Absolutely!

I have Tweeted @BlizzardCS, @WarcraftDevs, @WatcherDev, @devolore, @Araxom over the past few days with no luck.

Also signed up for Reddit. :roll_eyes: Anyone know of any more active CMs/devs on Twitter or Reddit? I am endeavoring to ask wherever/whoever I can.

#ProjectSqueakyWheel

Oh I like it #ProjectSqueakyWheel sounds almost like some sort of skunkworks project I love it

1 Like

I hadn’t played in a while (Since BFA came out) and well, yesterday I downloaded the game and I said “Let’s do some modding!” Couple of hours later, when I’m 90% done (all addons ready) I hit a wall, turns out no matter what I do, I can’t change the hunter gun sounds back to what I had them (Gun Sniper Audio Pack).

After a few hours of research I found you people and I’m really glad I did. I thought I was almost alone at this changing the sound effects stuff… But it seems that I’m part of a community here, so… You all have my full support and if there’s anything that I can do you just let me know.

1 Like

When I made this post I thought I was alone too but quickly discovering there are more of us than I ever imagined.

Good news maybe We got moved from General to UI and Macro not sure if this is the best place to be to be honest since this isnt an interface or macro issue but atleast we are getting someones attention

2 Likes

Add me to the list of folks that want my ability to customize the sounds… most especially the hunter shot sounds.

1 Like

I didn’t even notice that I wasn’t on my main to post with… anyway, I’m not really playing since 8.2 dropped because I want my gunshot sounds back!

1 Like

Oh great, they moved us to the UI section. xD Hopefully this is not their way of trying to hide bringing it to more people’s attention on General Discussion. There are already more than a few threads about this here. I thought spamming was against the rules; Blizzard, what gives? I did get in touch with a CM on Reddit and he told me that I could start another thread in this section about it as well. I suppose, if that is the case, we should all make a separate thread and flood this forum.

I haven’t even touched my hunter with a bow and my hunter with a gun. Yes, I have two. That is how much I used to love hunters.

I have ally katt on stormrage and horde katt on zuljin and what ever other katts exist in armory are me too all the katt hunters are me so having 2 is ok I thought about them moving us to this spot kinda felt like them hiding us in some dark corner out of sight of anyone cuz who even ever looks at the ui and macro section of the forums

1 Like