Current State of Arms Warrior

Well, here is my argument. For instance, they tried to do stuff with arms and it could have worked but then people complained about class fantasy and i dont know if that hindered further developement with arms but it stagnated and nothing happened with it.
Throw fantasy out, make the build effective and fun to play.
That’s really all i care about.

3 Likes

Like if you’re reading this thread in 2019.

28 Likes

Do you know why i bind execute to “F”? Top K E K

Arm needs serious rework.
Be it pure damage tuning, or giving us utility in form of banners that provide things akin to shaman totems. Say one to 8ncrease crit damage, one to increase defence in an area, maybe shattering throw to break bop…

But we are talking into a wall here…

5 Likes

Woah I bind my execute to “F” as well…

Since arms is all about burst lets try having this effect.

Moral strike functions exactly like it does now but execute detonates deep wounds and bursts the target for the remaining dot on the target and does NOT refresh the dot.

This would add some give and take to your rotation and buff Striking the Anvil significantly. It would also add damage to execute with good decision making for the warrior.

6 Likes

Arms warrior here. Get that rotation down stack haste bam bam bam. Bottom of dps charts but still fun.

3 Likes

made my day!

and I love the idea of exploding deep wounds with execute…
Imagine the possibilities. Lurkers gift -> mortal strike -> execute… some tasty numbers potentially… sadly blizz doesn’t care for arms much right now

2 Likes

Yall got BUFFS! 15% to MS! … every 25s…

It would accomplish many things at once. It would add value to mastery, help us secure kills in pvp, add to our burst potential which is the clear design, and also make for a more intellectual use of your rotation.

Honestly, I made it up on the spot but the more i think about it the more i like the idea.

3 Likes

kek
10 Char

I would love to take all the ability talents in arms like rend, cleave, skull bash ect. I love having many abilities to choose from but they are not so situational as they should be

1 Like

Few suggestions to ~maybe~ fix arms

• Execute refunds 20% to 30%, change SS refund
  • Remove Rend/Cleave from talents, passive ability
  • Remove seismic wave, add trail ability to strike the anvil
  • Deep wounds pandemic effect fixed
  • Bastion of Might: Arms - +Crit chance and resets the CD of WB or BS
3 Likes

What?

Because arms has the rage to spare, right?

What?

Why.

2 Likes

the point of nerfing execute cost was because of the SS right? then just change how it refunds from secondary, its currently too clunky for ST even with charge weaving

no one taking those talents, so might as well be usable, and we do have rage to spend, you swap a slam filler for rend upkeep

deep wounds just overwrites itself and caps at 6s

another option instead of in for the kill

1 Like

I agree with everything you said, especially making Cleave baseline. It should replace Whirlwind as our basic AoE skill. It should have a short cooldown, but hit much harder as a result, which is fitting for Arms as a fighter/battlemaster archetype, striking with sudden, deadly blows instead of flailing about indiscriminately.

While I’d prefer that Deep Wounds simply go away, the earliest at which it would see change is 9.0 alpha, so all I hope for is a reduction of its overall damage in favour of beefing up our core abilities in direct damage.

3 Likes

It doesn’t refund from secondary. You’re like 6 months out of date.

Rend is being used to pretty fantastic success. It’s simply harder to play properly. Not seeing widespread use does not mean not being taken.

Deep wounds pandemics. Oh my God, mate, come on. Deep wounds Pandemics to 9 seconds just like it’s supposed to.
Literally what.

Bastion of Might is a trait. So are you talking about a new talent or what. To say you’re being vague would be an understatement.

1 Like

Arms should slowly and tactically dismantle their enemies. We should hamstring the enemy, then shatter their arm (reducing attack speed). Proceed to smash them in the head concussing them and debuffing their spell casting speed. Then as they take more and more debuffs from each strike, we are able to nuke them.

Give us more banners to act as a ‘commander’ of sorts. Give us formation (for example, phalanx where everyone gets a shield for 5 seconds decreasing damage and allowing them to block). Allow us to counter attack / block more effectively - we are holding the line, the master of our weapon. We should be able to control our parry’s more effectively.

1 Like

If Blizzard isn’t going to do class overhauls until 9.0, I think that one band-aid fix they could implement is making Overpower generate a small amount of Rage. It would make execute phase feel a lot smoother and synergise well with Striking the Anvil. In PvP - where Rend costs 30 Rage - it would help too with reducing those empty GCD’s waiting for an auto.

3 Likes

rotation is ez its uhhh charge -> colossus smash -> overpower -> ms ->overpower ->ms -> slam if needed -> then in execute phase -> overpower -> execute like 3 buttons

1 Like

It’s very much easy.

Yet you still managed to screw it up.

5 Likes