Current State of Arms Warrior

I’ve tried using the submit a suggestion option in-game and found myself lacking room to type… I will be using the suggestion option format to display my opinion on the topic. My view point comes from a (PvP) perspective some of which may be applicable to (PVE). Note: I have spent thousands of hours hitting training dummies in the pursuit of rotational perfection. I’ve been playing Warrior since late vanilla. I have 2500/Gladiator experience in rated arena.

" Which part of the gameplay is your suggestion about? ".
-Arms Warrior

" What specific problem are you trying to fix? "
-Arms Warrior single target damage per second / survivability.

" How do you think this could be improved in a fun and fair way? "

• I feel as if Arms Warriors do not live up to our class fantasy / class specialization description of being " A battle-hardened master of weapons, using mobility and overpowering attacks to strike his/her opponents down ".
    Now lets dissect this quote. As for being " battle-hardened " we are one of the only specs in the game without a self heal! This could easily be remedied with a WotLK styled Second Wind / Enraged Regeneration ability. Now lets tackle our so-called “mobility” Charge/Heroic Leap isn’t cutting it! I for one do not enjoy being kited to Africa. A quick fix to this issue would be a reintroduction of Intervene and War Banners. Hell… have War Banners give party/raid members substantial buffs! Maybe then people will bring us to raids! When Blizzard say’s " overpowering attacks " do they actually mean wet noodle attacks? I feel like a tickle monster. Percentage based tuning to our damaging abilities is much needed. Arms is ranked 23rd on DPS rankings! What a joke… Even if you factor in our 25% healing reduction in a PvP scenario our pressure is still under preforming!

Thank you for reading! Please post your comments below change is needed!

#MakeWarriorsGreatAgain

101 Likes

Preach! #MakeWarriorGreatAgain

9 Likes

Nailed it. Make warrior great again brother

7 Likes

Current State of Arms Warrior = Dead

12 Likes

Hell yeah brother :muscle:t3:

5 Likes

Really like the banners idea. Also would remove execute or change the way it works.
Spamming a power(even if its only at the end of the fight) is why i stopped playing Arcane Mage

2 Likes

If execute actually hit hard you wouldn’t need to spam it.

11 Likes

true dat
:disappointed::disappointed:

2 Likes

You’d hit it less often if it hit harder…?

1 Like

Yes because your target would be dead.

5 Likes

Is this some PvP crap? That’s disappointing.

Yezzir :man_facepalming:.

1 Like

Second Wind definitely needs adjusted,either make it so only direct damage stops its timer or revert it to the WoTLK or MoP version. Dbts on a three minute cool down is way too long as our only baseline defensive ability, as a spec with no reliable self healing that is just ridiculous.

Defensive stance should be baseline and maybe give battle some kind of leach like the legion bracers rage spending heal effect.

2 Likes

I posted this already but I feel like 3 changes need to be made

1. Sudden death should become base line, rework the the proc chance a bit higher, and it also procs victory rush as well.

2. second wind should be baseline as well however not in its current form, second wind should work in the form of Cheat death, say warrior recovers 40-50% of his HP when he hits 10% health with an 8 min internal cd.

3a mortal strike damage needs to be buff
3b Healing debuff should change to Healing absorb on target. I’ve notice the Healing debuff isn’t really a factor as Healers can easily outheal it, but from what I notice on my DK when you use a healing absorbing debuff it’s far more efficient. Like night to day.

8 Likes

:ok_hand:t2:
10 characters

1 Like

Would making overpower have a 50% crit chance again solve some problems?

1 Like

I believe % based damage tuning would be more beneficial.

I wish they would make arms sinilar to the guild wars 2 warrior.

Not the strongest, but its good at aoe and single targrt equally while bringing buffs to allies. Yhe closer you are to a warrior, it csn boodt your dps, use banners for regeneration, offense, defense. Boon extension etc

6 Likes

How about like a “Heal Window” ability.
The more damage you hit in that window the more you get healed, I know I know…we already have enough “window” damage abilities. But it’s really the only unique thing I can think of.

On the bright side, PVP moves like sharpen blade or col. smash could synch up nice.
But it might have to be off the GCD

1 Like

Just realized we’ve been talking to Blizz all wrong this whole time.

We gotta ask for % based abilities.

Make Deep wounds deal 20% of a target’s max health in damage over 5 seconds. Yea, there we go. Should put us on par with mage’s gpyro. Also let’s make Sharpen Blade do 25% of a target’s health in damage.

Perfect balance, BFA Blizzard style.

5 Likes