Current State of Arms Warrior

My suggestion instead would be:
Avatar and shockwave baseline. (dps+utility)
This would also solve the problem with Memory of Lucid Dreams: now Lucid Dream proc Avatar (not Bladestorm :sweat:).

1 Like

I would like to see arms be able to use IP

1 Like

According to the 8.2 PTR: A 6% damage buff has been applied to most our attacks along with a 12% damage buff to Deep Wounds.

This is what makes it so bad for me … execute is a joke.

1 Like

Do something blizzard.

1 Like

Late to the game but I’ll reply from a phone to excuse the fat finger typos

The big issue with arms warriors is not just a problem that can be solved with adjusting warriors it’s an issue with every class. The problem is all of the other classes have incredible self heal or shield, making our “heavy hitting attacks” glance off them. The issue then becomes if you keep buffing warriors to represent the walking tall and swinging a big stick we will end up just nuking anything we touch.

Personally this is how I would fix the problem.
-arms gets little to no self healing, victory rush, but mainly for over
-mobility limited to our heroic leap, and a single charge double time removed for arms
-arms instead can stun targets on charge not root.
-arms get a passive that will transfer 20% of the damage they do, through armor and shields this can be adjusted.
-arms get old heroic strike back where next auto hit is your heroic strike ability.
-overall the entire class is slowed down but it’s attacks are VERY heavy hitting.

Imo the arms warrior should be looked at as the freight train that no one wants to get close to. They should be slow, but brutal in their attacks and should Chuck health. The draw back of course mobility and self sustainability. This how ever is simply for a pvp aspect.

As for pve, I think my nature we should have some sort of armor ignore, I would even go so far as to say arms should get sunder armor back to again represent that we as warriors can break armor away and just crush target, but the sunder armor.buff would only effect our damage.

Potentially a new talent or ability called unstoppable Force. Where with each consecutive melee attack against the same target, we apply a sunder armor stack, with a talent for warbreaker or colasal smash apply a full set of stacks. This would give arms warriors a much better way to have applied damage in a pve aspect and allow it to be attuned based on either the amount of armor removed per stack, number of stacks, time between stacks falling off, and again helps with the flavor of warriors being, “walking tall and carrying a big stick”

So those are just some shower thoughts so to say on the subject.

Arms is in a fun spot right now. Would like to see Rend baseline and rage cost down like 3%, but overall the spec plays wells.

2 Likes

See we fall in a awkward spot as both dk and pally claim that “slow approaching leviathan of death” fantasy.

We are much too mobile with charge and heroic leap, however we do only physical damage and cannot heal.

Arms used to be niche from its healing reduction due to mortal strike

no such thing as too much mobility. I’ve been kited for days pretty easily. If anything we should have more mobility/utility/self heals. Compared to DKs/Pallies we are lacking.

4 Likes

False

Only two classes can kite us and one of those two is still easy to maintain uptime on.

No.

100% wrong.

2 Likes

dude chill. People can have different opinions. There is no need to be a jerk about it. Be constructive or just don’t bother.

Nah, pallies are the joke among melee. If it weren’t for the new Unbound Freedom pvp tal they’d be completely laughable.

I gotta say I like the mobility on Arms tho, not really sure what we lack. Maybe the sunder armor idea or something to bypass shields(absorbs) / defensives. :thinking:

Resto Druids, Demon Hunters, Monks (WW and MW) and Mages (all specs) can all VERY easily kite Arms

3 Likes

I’ve vouched for sunder armor and brought it up plenty of times so that prot has more reason to use devastate.

Arms has bleeds and a healing reduction debuff, imo instead of arms having an armor reduction debuff how about an armor addition buff. It has no healing what so ever and DBTS is laughable 3 min cd

How about the buff we got after interrupting a spell? Or how about we get a dmg increase to shield slam/mortal strike/blood thirst after we charge?

1 Like

More self healing, the end.

1 Like

Hey devs our spec is under performing and we’ve been telling you the whole expansion the mastery sucks.

crickets

3 Likes

Druids and Mages are the only class that can kite a warrior all day and even on a druid with your tool kit you are able to keep up with them for the most part.

Disagree about monks and demon hunters, but adding two classes to the total for you doesn’t change the fact that very little can kite us “all day”.

It’s not under performing.

Agree.

2 Likes

Monks snare into root, two baseline rolls, flying kick, ring and port when all else fails. Demon Hunters double jump into glide, two dashes, a disengage, meta leap.

They don’t need to be able to kite you all day buddy, just long enough to kill your healer while you hold your schlong in your hand

3 Likes

This is moving the goal post at this point. I can see where you are going.

I mean, I’m assuming that we’re talking arenas here, and in arenas, classes aren’t trying to kite you all game, but also actively trying to kill either you or your teammates

1 Like