C'thun Needs Another Chance

Y’shaarj was dead yet still played a massive role in pandaland. My point was he wasn’t forgotten about after AQ, just forgotten to actually be put in-game.

Mortis, just because you wear tentacles as a fashion statement doesn’t mean you have to go full tentacle sympathizer.

He will get another chance… when the proper phase in Classic comes out :wink:

Except that’s not another chance.

That’s the same chance.

He won’t get any new dialog / model / lore / plan in Classic.

Did we kill him? Or just beat him in submission. I am fuzzy on the lore with the old gods and wonder if a god can truly be killed.

Yes. 99% of the WoW playerbase thinks he is alive because of a Faceless One saying “they don’t live, they don’t die, they’re outside the cycle”.

Though that’s probably referring to the Void Lords.

Blizzard has stated multiple times that C’thun and Yogg are dead. They said it on Blizzcon 2010 and Blizzcon 2017.

C’thun himself is also said to be dead in-game on the quest you loot from him, and he was described as killed in the March Badness blog post.

1 Like

To be fair, Alex Afrasiabi (I think I mispelled his name) also said as with all forms of death in WoW, death doesn’t have to be and shouldn’t be considered the end. Essentially, if they wanna bring C’thun out for another round, they totally could. And I support them doing so.

And anyone else.

Like… Kael’thas.

Even Med’an can come back from uncanonness. Jaina’s other brother used to be a non-canon RPG Book thing until BfA made him canon. In fact, Metzen himself had said he wasn’t canon before lol

Curse you, #NoChanges community!!!

raises fist at launcher

I thought only Ysharrj was dead-dead, because he ripped apart the planet when he died. C’Thun was only ‘defeated’ without being dead-dead or wouldn’t he do the same thing?

C’thun is dead. Dead dead.

Like this:

Can’t resurrect something that’s still alive :upside_down_face:

You mean Y’shaarj? Who was ripped out of the planet and created the Well of Eternity, aka Azerite Puddle 1.0?

It’s possibly still alive on one of Azeroth’s moons being all creepy and purple all over it. The Titans might have been too distracted by Azeroth almost bleeding to death to properly make sure they killed him.

I’m waiting for that fifth old god to show its faces.

She already has, and she looks really knife! Sharp dresser!

1 Like

Agreed. Bring back the eyeball lord.

Yeah but I want to see her true beauty, her real form what with all the eyes and mouths and what not.

I prefer the original C’thun lore where he killed a Titan but was beaten to the point he was considered dead, only to build up his force again to launch an attack to over take Kalimdor, barely pushed back by the full might of the Kaldorei and Dragonflights. Then his forces were slowly spreading through the lands.

Remember in vanilla/classic where the Silithid first popped up in the Barrens, then in Tanaris, Un’Goro, Silithus, then finally discovering they were C’thun’s forces?

C’thun definitely has a lot more influence and lore than Yogg-saron imo

Soo…
Y’shaarj is known now as… Elune?