[CS Lounge] - Sword and Shield!

It’s going to rain tonight. In the middle of my shift. While I’m standing outside waiting on a tow truck.
At least it won’t be crazy cold tonight.

1 Like

We had about 3 to 4 inches of snow last night. Supposed to be snowing on and off for the next few days. We’ll see how it goes!

1 Like

Well, that was fun. Went to a local park for a birthday party for Bug’s best friend. Bug tried to get onto the roundabout while it was being spun around and landed on his head.

We were heading just to a GP, when he decided he was going to throw up, so a detour to ED it was. We just got home, at 8:43 pm. He fell at 4, so we had to stay for 4 hours observation.

Ugh, poor little one. Hopefully he recovers quickly with no lasting effects (or upsetting memories).

2 Likes

Ugh hope he is OK. Think I followed all that hehe.

I have a spot on my chin where my beard does not grow because as a youngin I used to like to jump on and off of them in motion. I wasn’t very good at it mind you, and had to get stitches more than once…

Finally, after a few weeks, got what I would call a good solid night of sleep. Feels good man. Not looking forward to tomorrow though. Freezing sleet and rain tonight turning to snow. I am not worried about me. I am worried about the people that think they can still drive as if it is still the middle of summer in it. Ugh.

1 Like

Making some Red beans and Rice for Sunday dinner.

• 2 tablespoons olive oil
  • 1 pound andouille sausage, sliced on the bias 1/2-inch-thick
  • 1 green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
  • 1 celery stalk, chopped
  • 1/2 cup chopped white onion
  • Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
  • One 15.5-ounce can red kidney beans, liquid reserved
  • 2 cloves garlic, grated on a rasp or minced
  • 1 smoked ham hock
  • 4 cups cooked white rice
  • Hot sauce, to taste
  1. Add the olive oil and sausage to a Dutch oven over medium heat. Cook, stirring, until the sausage releases some fat and begins to curl a bit on the edges, 3 to 5 minutes. Add the bell pepper, celery, onion, a pinch of salt and plenty of hefty grinds of black pepper (more than usual!). Cook, stirring, until the veggies are tender and the celery and onion are translucent and beginning to brown, 3 to 5 minutes. Stir in the beans and their liquid, garlic and ham hock.
  2. Add 1 cup water and bring to a boil. Lower to a simmer, then cover and cook until the beans are very tender, about 30 minutes. Serve over white rice with a shake of hot sauce
6 Likes

My internet provider told me that it is the boot file on my modem that is/was causing my recent connection issues. Whatever is going on, something hates these forums. They almost never load for me now and all I see is a background of large game logos and symbols and then nothing will load. Not sure why it’s working now.

In between disconnects, I managed to get my monk to 85. I think that when I get it to 90, I’ll switch to healer and heal my way through WoD. I don’t really like the Horde side quests and I find the garrison depressing. I actually stopped playing Horde for a long time so I wouldn’t have to do it again.

3 Likes

“You’re not fat! You just eat like a queen!”
:rofl:

1 Like

Ahhhhhhh…

sips a Pepsi.

4 Likes

Let me guess.

It burns so good.

Nothing like a good carbonation burn baby.

4 Likes

Pepsi for the win, Thunder. I used to drink Coke products, But I found lately that the taste is metallic in a way.

So now I drink Pepsi, Root Beer, and Dr. Pepper.

4 Likes

Going to be an early to bed night for me. I’m watching a bit of The Great British Baking Show. I find it relaxing for some reason. Hoping for happy dreams of pretty cakes and not of being attacked by an evil gingerbread mob.

In case I’m not able to log in again for awhile, I hope everyone has a good week.

5 Likes

Oh my goodness, a kitty!

2 Likes

Finally catching up with (the recent production of) She Ra. Pretty good!

1 Like

There is a new one?

Not gonna lie. I loved He Man and She Ra growing uo. I might have to give it a look.

1 Like

So, my beautiful, wonderful, crazy-lucky wife has always wanted the Ashes of Al’ar but she’s just never tried to farm for it (knowing how low the drop rate is).

Last night she decides to go ahead and give it a shot.

Her very first time ever being there and the mount drops for her!! And here I was like 'Nah, you go ahead sweetie. I’m going to log off."

She’s one very happy camper now :slight_smile:

/puts out fresh barrel of coffee
/attaches “NO SWIMMING” sign

7 Likes

It’s a Netflix exclusive! Really good. Animation is great and the new designs are fantastic. Pretty hilarious in parts. Funnily enough, though, I’m way more fond of the villain characters than I am the protagonists. Though Mermista is a constant Mood™.

The show has its flaws, though, too. Not enough for me to dislike it, but enough that it’s noticeable.

2 Likes

Good morning lounge! I’m getting caught up but I hope you’re all having a fine Sunday!

5 Likes

Red Beans are in the crockpot, the place already smells wonderful.

3 Likes

Drinks the entire barrel

Had to put up with some insane stupidity on the part of my landlord’s maids late last night that left me too wound up to go to bed on time, so now I’m super tired.

3 Likes