[CS Lounge] - Sword and Shield!

We have a brand new girl at work today. A few hours in and she called the head of the department saying she was frustrated. Message trickles down to me via phone call so I pull her aside and talk to her.

She is frustrated because she feels like she is not learning anything.

First off, wish she had come to me first. That said, much respect to her for that. Shows a certain work ethic. Changed the person that is training her. Department head is kind of upset my boss is not here yet. This way I could train her myself. Seems to be going well with the new trainer though.

The funny thing is I told the original trainer exactly what I wanted. But she just went and did it all herself. Oh well.

Hopefully this solution works, as I do like her. Good worker, and that is very hard to find nowadays.

Edit because auto correct could not even save my typing on my phone. Haha.

7 Likes

Kinda lonely with out my buddy Shadow, but getting used to it.

Need to clean up a bit and get caught up with my chores today.

4 Likes

Sunday has come extremely early this week.

3 Likes

Yup…plus with the bug allowing suspended players to post on the forums doesn’t help either.

1 Like

We should request that any penalty waves be on actual Sundays, so we can prepare caffeine and painkillers.

2 Likes

Continuing the discussion from [CS Lounge] Ahh home, let me come home~ :notes::

4 Likes

Was gonna go to my Brother in Laws house for burgers…but bad weather and a broken waterpump on his van says otherwise.

So I’m home trying to figure out dinner. Well at least the NCAA Final 4 are one. Go Duke!

2 Likes

Hey Merdie, the Porg has apparently been named Pork. Bug says hi.

3 Likes

Yum!

Porg already look like some good eating poultry, pork is the source of ham and bacon, so I assume this alien species is sort of a cross between Sus Suidae (hogs) and Gallus gallus domesticus (Moonkin).

I have a recipe that involves roasting a whole fowl covered with bacon strips during part of the cooking process; it always comes out good (even though the original recipe is from France).

So a Porg, identified as hog/fowl all in one, looks to be a no brainer.

Smoke some of those off world treats I’ll bring a bottle of chardonnay, or better yet a nice flinty Fränkisch trocken (chilled) and be right over!

3 Likes

Hope everyone is having a great evening. I’ll probably be up all-night due to severe back pain. Cannot even lay in my bed or it gets a lot worse.

I’m thinking about going back to the Emergency Department to get this re-evaluated. Will decide in the morning. Definitely not going to work it appears as I would be incapable of lifting stuff.

Aww. Not getting much sleep either, still feeling the loss of my Shadow.

I’d do that.

1 Like

I got myself a TENS device a couple years ago. It won’t help much with the physical limitations of the injury, but it is damn near miraculous in terms of pain management.

2 Likes

I never expected an Azerite vs. Heirlooms decision to be so tough.

Lose 110 item levels for a 10% experience increase.

lol yeah…I agree. It’s a definite trade off.

As it only equates to ~1.5k experience, I don’t think it’s worth it.

also, the loss in power will translate into taking longer to kill things thereby negating some if not all of the bonus xp. As a compromise you could equip the heirlooms when turning in quests.

3 Likes

Man getting out of bed was difficult this morning. So so tired. Don’t think ij will even play too night. Come home shower eat and crash sounds good.

That is unless i am so tired I get a second wind. We shall see.

1 Like

I am still having lots of internet connection issues. It is getting really frustrating. My internet provider has blamed it on the modem, the outside temperatures and the cable in the house. Well, I have a new modem and two different techs have ruled out inside cables and the connections on my cables. Also, it has been in the high 40’s F and low 50’s today and yesterday yet it has gone out several times yesterday and today. And the days before that it went out two to three times a day.

I’m hoping my connection lasts long enough for me to download a game I can play offline. So very frustrated.

I had that problem a while back with my DSL internet.

Turns out, a family of birds had gotten I tk the box on the pole and made a nest. Took like 2 months for them tk figure it out though.

Just be glad you are not on 56K Dial-Up folks. I’ve got a friend that lives about 45 minutes from here and DSL, Broadband, And, Fibre-Optic is not available where he resides. He lives in a small town located by a mountain pass and the population is below 1,000.

So for his choices, He can either use 56K Dial-Up or Satellite internet which is really bad and in my opinion worse than 56K Dial-Up.

1 Like