[CS Lounge] Summer time sunny days

Got up, read the forums. Agree with the gif above. Yikes. Everything is yikes.

Another sauna of a day outside. Yesterday I only installed two stepping stones that I have needed to do for 15 years, learned to use a portable air pump for my new (old) bike, cleaned the bike bell, and took care of plants. Too hot to do anything really.

1 Like

We’re having to limit how long the dogs can go to the park because they are not well suited for the heat.

1 Like

I am so sorry. Glad you are being cautious though! My largest floofy cat is lying upside down right now in front of the fan on the floor. heh.

I have water out for all the critters but with the heat it gets refilled twice a day. I love the 12 or 14" glazed ceramic plant saucers for bird baths/water stations. They fit on a metal plant stand of course, are easy to move, easy to clean, and easy to put away for the winter. Also can be placed on the ground or a rock. Way cheaper and easier to use than the big heavy bird baths.

1 Like

Both have already been to the vet enough recently, we don’t want to need to go back for heat stroke.

3 Likes

Our Siberians only get to go outside for potty in this heat, we have things for them to do inside.

1 Like

I got my Aussie a cooling vest (the specific one I got is a Swampcooler from Ruffwear). It works just like those cooling cloths you put on your neck. Just soak it in water for a bit and wring it out before you go out. And as an added bonus, it’s light colored, so it reflects some of the solar heat much better than her black coat.

I don’t know if I’d go so far as to say she loves it, but she does tolerate it, and is much more comfortable on hot days.

2 Likes

Those work really good.

1 Like

I have an easy recipe for chicken and dumplings. go grab a family pack of thighs, skins or no skins; skin adds flavor to broth but you need to remove skin after boiling to tender in large pot of water. get you some Pillsbury biscuits the cheap plain ones in a four pack, after cooking chicken and removing skin and returning to broth add quartered biscuits to heated broth. cook till dumplings are done to your liking you will need salt! and lots of pepper. these dumplings will be apple dumplings large and filling. Mom always knew best! carry on lol

3 Likes

uhhh Missouri is humid f/r!

1 Like

I have a question; are the mods able to add notes and the likes to the, I assume to call it, ‘closing’ posts now? Seen the 155 post long thread and seen a mod add a note to itself.

1 Like

Well, if they did it, then they must be able to do it now :slight_smile: Kind of a self answering question I think.

Nice new feature though.

4 Likes

pretty cheap iirc, forgot. it was one of our ex blues that got me it :smiley:

2 Likes

Uhm 
 gotta love it when you notice something scamper across your floor. Just seen a juvenile lizard run across my living room floor. That alone doesn’t bother me of course. The kitties finding said lizard is my concern though. But now I cannot find it.

:lizard: :scream_cat:

Update: The lizard has been safely extradited from the premises. Surprisingly, Shadow alerted me to its location without causing it harm. Then I just opened the door and out the lizard went on its own.

4 Likes

Don’t forget to stash some money for insurance and taxes. You mortgage company used to take care of that.

5 Likes

these forums need a serious rework

I have my payroll at work split my pay into separate accounts for that very reason.

3 Likes

If you have feedback please post in the forum feedback area.

3 Likes

How annoying. My EU account is currently unfunded and I have mail from “The WoW Dev Team” on my Remix character. Curiosity engaged.

Maybe you have an owl!

Or maybe 20 thank yous from the staff for reporting bad names.

Maybe the thank yous are points you can put toward the purchase of a shiny, brand new, 2025-model owl mount. Now with built-in AC!

1 Like

Not on that account.

Probably more likely.

2 Likes