[CS Lounge] Summer time sunny days

Happy (early) Birthday!

2 Likes

Best of luck!

3 Likes

Happy Birthday Darth !!!

3 Likes

I just hope that this time around when I wake up in the ICU I don’t feel like I’m drowning. That was scary as hell, and having a supremely god awful nurse that just quipped “no, you’re not”, when I was clearly in respiratory distress didn’t do me a lick of good, not the least of that being that her being the charge nurse meant that she wasn’t going to get someone to look at me for a second opinion either.

3 Likes

I wished the remote from the movie click was real so i could press mute on them. lol

3 Likes

Before my first lung biopsy surgery caused even more damage to my already limited lung capacity I could sing Luna’s Boat Song from Lunar: Silver Star Story Complete at the correct octave (I’m a guy). I could literally match Jennifer Stigile note for note. Now? Thanks to the damage that surgery did, well, remember the Simpsons episode that showed young Homer Simpson as a choir boy? That part where he hits puberty and his voice changed to what Trump would sound like if he tried to sing - that’s me now. :frowning:

On the plus side, I can still do realistic meows just fine, so there’s that, I guess.

:smile_cat:

1 Like

I will admit i sing in the car when a good song comes on but aside from that my voice isn’t meant for singing ( i sound like someone is torturing a cat ).

The hubby always tells me i have a lovely singing voice to which i give him the death stare in return and tell him to quit attempting to lick my boot’s. lol

2 Likes

Now, now…if he wants to lick your boots, oblige him. Smother them in peanut butter and enjoy the show. :smiley:

3 Likes

Im a LW i sure i could make something to help lol.

2 Likes

3 Likes

I have (once again) foolishly come home from a closing shift and stayed up all night puttering around on the internet instead of going to bed. If I had a lick of sense, I’d go lay down and try to get a couple hours of sleep before I need to drive the roomie to work.

5 Likes

30 above and probably getting hotter sitting inside at coras gona get me some eggs benny and they have a raspberry pina colada smoothie that sounded too good to pass up.

1 Like

It’s not even 80 here, but the humidity is in the 80%s. When the breeze picks up, it’s almost decent, but boy, is it steamy.

1 Like

They say we will get the remains of hurricane Beryl on Wednesday. They say we will get a ton of rain out of it. I will believe it when I see it. “They” the weather forecasters have been wrong a bunch this year. We need some rain here.

3 Likes

Looks like it’ll miss us - which wouldn’t bother me all that much. We’ve had plenty of rain lately.

The county fair starts tomorrow. Well, tonight, if you want to count the tractor pulls that’s scheduled for this evening. And in an amazing bit of scheduling, we’re having a Summer Street Fest on the fair’s last day. Sounds like it’ll be a combination arts and crafts show, sidewalk sale, car show, etc. on Main St. Sounds like a good time for everyone.

3 Likes

We used to go to the fair when my parents were alive. They even had a demolition derby!

I miss stopping at the fruit and veggie stands on the way to their house. We don’t have that much on this side of town. My tomatoes are starting to ripen and that made me think of it.

3 Likes

For some reason I posted something entirely not related in a thread I wasn’t even reading earlier D: self-deleted my post in shame.

2 Likes

It’s a “Bump and Run” Derby now. I suppose it could be similar, but I feel like it’s much less destructive. :cry:

Ran an LFR with so many inappropriate names. I’m kind of low-key amazed so many were in one place at the same time. Hard to heal when you’re busy reporting.

1 Like

whoa, 91 in the bay?! i miss living in the city proper where it was so windy you had to wear a jacket to walk to the grocery store in the middle of the summer :frowning:

1 Like

Dear god theres a deadpool wolveriene add for the bacherlette and its as can i say raunchy here as ud expect.