[CS Lounge] Summer time sunny days

They did a really good job with the sculpture. I glanced at some of their other installations – very thought provoking.

4 Likes

I hope my ex-wife in JAX enjoys each and every one of those 112 degrees.

5 Likes

I’d take those 44C temperatures. I don’t really like the cold.

3 Likes

Well, my son and his GF are down in Jax now. And we are barely above the state line as it is. This was the infographic posted as well, that is showing the heat indices across the area.

4 Likes

Already 92 degrees and it’s almost 9:30 in the morning.

6 Likes

Let me load up the long-distance trebuchet and yeet this temps right down to you, lol.

4 Likes

And it is only 12.30am

5 Likes

Yea … we are getting an early start as well.

Yesterday, the heat index was already 108°F before noon.

6 Likes

Ayukama needs snow. Kyzera also needs snow to help her stay cool.

2 Likes

Need more sunshine if anything. Had too much rain, too much flood warnings, and too much clouds.

4 Likes

Stay hydrated? As humid as it gets down that way, all you have to do is breathe to hydrate. /s

Between the heat and humidity, I’d be just plain miserable. And it doesn’t help when the overnight low temps are still in the 70s+ - you just can’t cool things down enough.

4 Likes

4 Likes

I was going to do something before reset, which it still is, but forgot about maintenance. Oh well, now I’ll be forced to do maintenance of my own - it’s laundry and bath cleaning time. It’s already too hot to go anywhere I don’t have to, that’s for sure. :melting_face: Even laundry is going to suck since it’s in the other building so I have to go outside. (OTOH I don’t have a dryer heating my apartment up so it’s not all bad.)

6 Likes

We had a record high last week. It was 34-35C with a “feels like” temperature of 44C. Glad for AC. Me and heat don’t get along.

5 Likes

I just dread to think how August is gonna feel. I think we are gonna look like that sculpture Ayukama posted, lol.

When we bought the house in 2022, the summer here was really rough. Then the winter gave us temps in the teens. 2023’s weather was milder in comparison. So guess we are back to a really rough summer again.

4 Likes

It’s raining here but also already 83 degrees. It’s like I was living in Houston again! I also had shopping on my list but I just looked it over and went nope, nothing there I gotta have today.

4 Likes

Does anyone remember when WoW used a P2P client for installs and updates? Those were the days when people shut off their sharing, and the DLs went slow.

3 Likes

I remember still using Dial Up to play WoW when I first started playing.

4 Likes

Lol … okay so if anyone is doing Beta right now. Head over to the Stoneshaper’s Atrium in Dornogal and look for Lord Rogers (a very large white cat). Attempt to pick him up, lol.

2 Likes

Headed to the animal shelter to drop off some donation and hit the grocery store on the way back. Did all of it before it hit 80 degrees out so I can hibernate now. Maybe.

Yesterday was SUPER windy which limited my paining projects. I could only brush paint a low concrete foundation around a basement entrance and deep clean the screen porch. Which REALLY needed it.

I have so much more to do with power washing, garage painting, garage wood trim scraping, fixing, painting. One more major garden to finish renovating.

Blah.

4 Likes