[CS Lounge] Summer Party

Oh yeah. I gotcha. I thought boiling it was part of the brining pickle process haha.

Skies just opened up here. Like really opened up. My house might become a houseboat lol.

Making the brine, dry step. Kosher Salt, Brown Sugar, Pink Curing Salt, Spices

Added beer

Added a gallon of warm water

In goes the brisket

In the brine, ready for the fridge for a week.

Follow up, next week. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Wow thanks for the pics with step by step. I might have to do that myself.

The Brine is easy.

You’ll need

• 2 cups of Kosher Salt
  • 1/2 cup of brown sugar
  • 5 teaspoons of Pink Curing Salt
  • 5 table spoons of pickling spices
  • 1 bottle of your favorite dark beer
  • 1 gallon of water

Pink curing salt, or sodium nitrite, goes by many names, such as Prague Powder #1 or DQ Curing Salt #1, and is available online and may be available at your local specialty market or butcher shop. I got mine from Amazon for about $6(?)

2 Likes

lol, I wasn’t even finished posting this on my FB page and my sister was already asking me when it will be ready…

2 Likes

-Explodes-

1 Like

After Anthem, I don’t trust game trailers any more.

It really did leave a bad taste in my mouth.

To be fair, that’s an expansion/dlc trailer, not for the entire game. That has been out for awhile and fairly established on what it is. :slight_smile:

That reminds me, I never did finish the forsaken campaign.

3 Likes

It’s quite enjoyable, lots of farming though! It’s being released in September so you have plenty of time. (Light level is past 700 now ._.)

I do have to thank you for putting me back on the game, though. It’s been a while since Eris has had any sort of importance, so it was a nice kick in the butt.

1 Like

Driving into Austin today to get some work done on my niece’s clarinet. Truck is giving me concern thought…perhaps I’m just being overly paranoid.

Well, it’s a little after 3:30 am and I’ve been wide awake since about 2 am and I have to get up in 2 hours. Today is going to be fun. Make coffee now or make coffee at my regular time? That is the question.

1 Like

Yeah, I woke up at 3am too. been putzing around, did get to interact with my nephew on his twitch stream.

1 Like

Good mornin :slight_smile:

It’s 5am now, and it’s my day off, but can’t sleep anymore so must be time for coffee as well. Kept dreaming I was trying to find my coat, which is wierd considering the weather shows it’s going to be close to 90 today.

I am now caffeinated and no longer feeling like a slug. Today is my last day of physical therapy. For now, anyway. I know they want to extend it but I don’t see any improvement. I am getting stronger but it isn’t helping with the pain. I’ll probably end up getting cortisone shots. ~shuddders~

Two hours of sleep. Just came back from Gnomebucks with food and tea.

1 Like

Had to cover the floor Tuesday. Despite that I still managed to put up all the dry and refrigerated goods. Only thing left was the freezer.

Don’t worry gang. It was all waiting for me to put up today. 2 1/2 days of people in and out and it never occurred tk a single one of them to put a box up in the proper place while they grabbed what they needed underneath. Nope we will just throw it to the side get what we need and get out.

It is going to be a long day.

1 Like

Sounds like my store. We get commissary deliveries M, W, and F nights, and our Coke orders are (allegedly) delivered Friday mornings. I’m off W and Th.

When I go in this afternoon, Wednesday night’s delivery will be waiting for me, as well as the 31 cases I ordered from Coke this week. And it will all need to be put away before tonight’s delivery arrives.

I’ve taken to placing beastly orders for the Monday delivery so that Wednesday and Friday are relatively small ‘maintenance’ orders.

1 Like

Some days I would hate to be a blue on these forums… But other times I see a post and think “Damn that’s good, wish I could get my point across so cleanly and politely in the face of such behaviour!”

Where ever Vrak is, they deserve their treat of choice. Coffee, cake, or potato even. You deserve it! Consider my hat tipped lol.

… Can you tell I did the low carb diet thing for thinking potato is a treat? Haha.

We have a long weekend here. I’m looking forward to doing not an incredible amount!

3 Likes