[CS Lounge] Summer Party

Nah, I let him choose, and he made a Draenei.

4 Likes

Good choice!

Random question of the day. Why does my internet occasionally go out, but only on the computer. Always when it is asleep.

I troubleshoot it and every time I get Ethernet doesn’t have a valid IP configuration. Then it fixes it and I am fine.

ISP timing out what they think is a line that’s not being used at the time.

2 Likes

Ahhh that actually makes sense. If I turned my computer off as opposed to putting it to sleep until I come back it probably would not be an issue huh? The configuration would automatically reset when I booted up I bet.

I would think turning off the modem would work. More likely than the computer.

The network interface may be getting put to sleep with the rest of the computer. Try disabling that.

2 Likes

I took Mum to see Sweeny Todd at the new Harbour Theatre today. We got free upgraded seats! Anthony Warlow was absolutely amazing.

2 Likes
Summary

Well I just want those of you to know that figured out my real life problems was in fact my Mother took a turn for the worse; It happened suddenly and lasted for quite a while; She was having delusions and hallucinations, She saw her mother who passed away back in November of 1984 and was screaming for me to unlock the door so that her Mother could get out and then she screamed to kill the huge spider that was on the ceiling but wasn’t there.
The maximum amount of Haloperidol I was authorized to give her was only .50 units and the morphine was only .50 as well, I finally got her calmed down but her body was shutting down so I had to send her to a hospice house; Hospice worked with her medication and got her back up and she actually started eating after 5 days and finally went to the bathroom for #2 after 7 days; Hospice has sent a bed to my home and said that she will be released to me tomorrow at 1 PM est.
They increased her Haloperidol to a full syringe and are giving her .25 of Morphine as she requests it; Hospice has increased the number of visits were someone will be checking in daily on her here at home.
This will be the last time she will be leaving home; They told me to expect more outbursts like I experienced but they don’t know how much longer she will live; All I can do is make her as comfortable as I can and kiss her on the forehead every chance I can and let her know that she’s not alone and that I love her and that I will be with her to the end.
Thanks to all of you for hearing me out.

9 Likes

Man. I have been through the delusions with my mom. Not lime that butni have been there.

Sorry to hear that bud. At least Hospice was able tk help. And hopefully you got some rest in the process.

Thoughts and prayers with you.

4 Likes

I’ve seen those so many times from my hospital job. You’ll get through it.

3 Likes

Where’s the money, Lebowski?

2 Likes

My mum passed away from a stroke a little over two years ago, likely as a result of dementia causing confuision and delusions. Words fail. Much and many rando internet hugs to you mate xo

4 Likes

My druid, Eldrooderino, has it.

Obviously.

1 Like

As an aside Happy Father’s Day to all the fathers, expecting fathers, and single mothers that have to wear two hats year round.

Yup, don’t think we don’t see you single moms. We do. And we know what you do.

Hope everyone has a father’s day filled with joy and great memories.

5 Likes

Dang, and I thought Malmooninga was a good durid name.

1 Like

Glad you like it

1 Like

durid is frends for lyfe!

2 Likes

/wave.

Hi friend

2 Likes

Completely at random, like before I started watching it and screaming quotes out… in the LFG just now there was a Lebøwsky from Dalaran :joy::joy::joy::joy:

They wouldn’t tell me where my money was, though …

2 Likes