[CS Lounge] Summer Here, Summer There, Summer Elsewhere

So vent time:

Yesterday, my mother called a number for the Geek Squad that I gave her (Googled Geek Squad, was taken to a Best Buy page with the Geek Squad info and number) and it ended up being a scam. She remotely let them in her computer, gave them her credit card info and they charged $250 to her card, buying Playstation cards in different increments. They went into her email to verify the purchases. So now I’m in the dog house and she’s even more afraid of the internet than she was before. :pensive:

4 Likes

That really sucks, is there a way to call the bank and get the payments reversed, telling them she was scammed, to get it taken off the credit cards?

She’s trying. American Express says it takes a few weeks to investigate and the charge is flagged. But they also said she approved the charge through the email that was sent. She explained it was them in her computer doing it and she does have a police report number, so… I hope it works out. Otherwise, I feel like I owe her that money.

I just feel horrible about all of it.

6 Likes

Have you gone directly to best threaten to go to the media its amazing what bad publivity will do.

1 Like

Mom’s headed there now. She wants them to make sure everything is cleaned out of her computer.

4 Likes

I’ve read this type of scam is on the rise, wow! I hope she’s able to get it all cleaned out! Here’s one of the articles I’ve read about it recently:

5 Likes

Thanks, Kale… that kind of makes me feel a little better, but it’s just so heartbreaking that I lead her into more stress, ya know? I sent her that article too. I really appreciate it. :dracthyr_heart:

5 Likes

:dracthyr_a1: :dracthyr_a2:

:dracthyr_blob_dance_animated:

as a former Discord employee it is so funny to see blobs outside of discord

4 Likes

I have it. Turns out I didn’t actually need it. I had the Spectral Essence on my main already from TBC. I did get the toy though. And I can now do the old version of Scholomance. That was a trip down memory lane.

3 Likes

Sunny is adorable! :dog2: :dracthyr_nod:

The heat and humidity are back big time. So is the smoke. The air is awful. It’s thick and smoky and hard to breathe. Eyes burn again.

Tomorrow is supposed to be really bad stormy. I hope it’s just news hype.

Cough, hack, wheeze. :unamused:

4 Likes

I’ve got Senny and Sunny running around together, even made a matching transmog! :dracthyr_heart:

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/151420648734851073/1133465085126394038/sennysunny2.png

3 Likes

Fancy. Your transmog game is on point, Sendryn.

5 Likes

Thanks, Vrak! It’s one of my favorite past times! :dracthyr_heart:

honestly thought that was the name of another minion then realized “oh wait…that’s your name.”

yeah, the heat’s shut my brain off it seems. XD

1 Like

Love the mog!! :sunflower:

Kyzera went with a more toned down look

5 Likes

Omigosh, have we really been here that long?!? :older_man:

2 Likes

Why yes, yes we have.

In other news, my daughter texted me yesterday to ask if I wanted kittens. One of the tenants at the peppery she manages just had a litter. Told her no, the 3 cats already here are more than enough.

Then I asked if there were any orange bois. Then I asked for a pic. Now I’m probably getting more cats. Especially after she told me they were born in my birthday.

7 Likes

Sounds like it was meant to be. Grats on the new addition(s).

:cat2:

2 Likes

You sound like my parents when this stray dog showed up and started hanging around their place. “We’re not really sure what to do… we’ve started calling her Molly.” Sure, I thought. You’ve named her? You may not know what’s happening next, but I think I do, and it did.

Enjoy your new kittens. :slight_smile:

2 Likes