[CS LOUNGE] New Year, new thread

Yeah, I got something like that the other day for some sort of card or account I don’t even have. The other ones that are insidious are the ones about shipments. “Confirm your address and payment info!”. I am so worried my elderly mom is going to get scammed on that. She orders a lot of stuff, puts her email everywhere, and has dementia.

1 Like

At the risk of jinxing myself, I haven’t seen that one in quite a while.

And Happy Pizza Day!

1 Like

I keep getting calls from a police fundraiser - at this point I’m convinced it’s a robocall and I’m mad at myself that I’ve answered so many times.

My dad got one the other day via text and had to ask me if it was legitimate or not.

1 Like

I use a Google phone with android. Very good spam reporting and blocking.

1 Like

My “regular” number doesn’t get very many spam calls/texts (Pixel phone and using the normal phone app), but the Google Voice number gets a bunch. But I don’t use it at all, much less use the device it’s set up on, so I never know about them. And I probably don’t have Spam filtering turned on, either.

I keep getting a ton of fake USPS “Delivery Attempt Failed” scam emails. I’m like “ummm…first off I never gave USPS this email when signing up for Informed Delivery, and second, if the address is incomplete they wouldn’t know who to contact and would be returning it to the sender”.

I have to watch out for things like this so my grandpa doesn’t get scammed via email. It’s a constant battle, but one worth fighting.

Lawls, and the Birdsite™ continues its meltdown.

“You are over the daily limit for sending tweets.”

I guess sending zero tweets is now over the limit. Guessing E-Mu fired the folks that actually know how to code and there’s now an overflow issue that has caused values to go into the negative.

1 Like

New glasses just came in and man… it’s gonna take a while to get used to the new Rx. At least I can count the bricks on the house across the road now!

5 Likes

Yeah, that’s how I felt with the new lens implant I got last year. Great short/medium distance sight with lots of details. Long distance (>10-12 ft.) though is a bit of a downer. Not as clear as I had with glasses. Larger, but really far away stuff looks like those super badly compressed JPEGs from twenty years ago (or like captchas). But at least I can still drive and I don’t have to wear glasses for most things. I’ll probably get a pair of reading glasses for that purpose though, or if a new prescription will help distance, a couple pair for driving.

Only spam call i get is from smc for low battery sigh.

Holy crap. Got the rocket today. They really did increase that drop rate.

Only one run a day since Wednesday.

7 Likes

I hope I get some of this mount luck running around. I did x19 runs the first day and x20 the next day. I have at least another x20 runs lined up for tonight.

Congrats to everyone who has been lucky thus far!

3 Likes

I only have 1 lvl 70 so ill just be running my druid.

The rocket is supposed to be able to drop for level 60 and higher,

3 Likes

Not sure if its bugged for dracthyr sat in que for 14 and no pop ups druid and dk were quicker.

I haven’t noticed any longer queue on my Dracthyr.

I got him in after requing a 3rd time.

Help us vrak ur our only hope.

2 Likes

Totally unrelated to anything else, I hope that Blizzard is seriously considering the implementation of battle tags on the WoW forums.

That, and I am making homemade pizzas for dinner tomorrow. My son hates cheese on his pizza. He literally won’t put any on tomorrow night. Just sauce, pepperoni and bacon. That’s it. I’m singing up for ancestory.calm tonight I think :wink:

12 Likes

It’s extremely overdue at this point.

9 Likes

Still cements my opinion on Classic Players…

Just made pizza for dinner tonight.

2 Likes