[CS Lounge] Mastadôn's Puntastic Pseudo-thread!

Just ur typical sunday oh crud its monday lol.

Right? Yeesh.

1 Like

Just gonna say this once…

Chili Dogs!

4 Likes

That sounds really good right about now, actually. I wonder if I have the makings around here or not.

1 Like

Think u need a break from that perticular topic ur getting rather heated hate for u to say something that u shouldnt.

I sound heated? I’m actually not. xD If it’s the one where I say I didn’t care, it’s just truth. I’ve gotten whiplash so often with sharing that stuff it doesn’t faze me much but people act like I’m the one who said it all, so I just need to drive home that I don’t care how they play or the debate of it all, I’m just sharing the facts that have been handed down.

Dont give a rats butt hmm well im only looking out for you we white knights gota stick together lol.

1 Like

Chili Dog Egg Rolls (FTFY):

8 egg rolls wrappers
8 hot dogs
1 (15 oz.) can chili
1/2 c. minced white onion
1 c. shredded Cheddar
2 tbsp. finely chopped chives
Vegetable oil, for frying
Ketchup, for dipping
Mustard, for dipping

Place an egg roll wrapper on a clean surface in a diamond shape and place a hot dog on top, trimming the hot dog ends if necessary to fit. Top with a spoonful of chili, white onion, cheddar and chives.
Fold up bottom half and tightly fold in sides. Gently roll, then seal fold with a couple drops of water. Repeat with remaining ingredients.
In a large skillet over medium heat, heat oil (it should reach 1" up the side of pan) until it starts to bubble.
Add egg rolls and fry until golden, 2 minute per side. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate to cool slightly. Serve warm with ketchup and mustard for dipping.

2 Likes

I’ve made those before, they are quite good. Just a lot of work

1 Like

My first day of college is in two days, but my orientation is tomorrow. To say that I’m a little anxious is a bit of an understatement.

But I’m looking forward to starting a new chapter in my life too.

7 Likes

Read a interesting article asmogold name been claimed on classic and not by him lol.

2 Likes

I want to say I saw something in GD a bit back where one of his cronies was having a fit because someone was on a Classic realm pretending to be him with his name or one very similar. I genuinely feel bad for people who need that fifteen minutes of fame that badly.

2 Likes

His cronies or for the guy that had the smarts to upstage asmogold I find it hilarious that somone one up him.

Both, really! I really do not get streamer culture in the slightest (or influencers, but that’s a whole other beast). I see his name or anything based on some hot-button streamer and my brain just shuts it down. Like, Nobbel is one thing for his lore and whatnot, but sensationalist streamers who have that kind of fanatical fanbase? Just a hard pass from this gal.

2 Likes

I feel like I owe Vrak an apology for how many times I’ve pinged him for the post sharing. Especially of late with these non-participation waves.

2 Likes

I can’t remember the last time I shared a recipe. Got this one from Mom, then again from Dad after I lost it.

Chicken El Paso

4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 med-large onion, diced
1 10.5oz (298g) can condensed Cream of Chicken soup
1 12oz (355mL) can evaporated milk
1 10oz (283g) can Rotel diced tomatoes w/green chiles
8oz (226g)shredded cheddar cheese
10 8-inch flour tortillas
1/4 cup (60mL) chicken broth

Boil the chicken, let cool, then cut into bite-sized pieces (or shred it).
In a bowl, mix the onion, soup, tomatoes and milk.
Cut tortillas into 1" x 2" (3cm x 5cm) strips.

Per Dad’s version of the recipe:
In a greased 9"x13"x2" (23cmx33cmx5cm) casserole dish, layer the tortilla strips, then chicken, then ‘sauce’, then cheese. Finally, drizzle the chicken broth over the top (you can also use water from the chicken pot). Refrigerate for a couple hours or overnight. Bake at 350°F (177°C) for 30 minutes.

For the adventurous - I use the hot variety of Rotel tomatoes and Carolina Reaper cheddar cheese when making this for myself.

For the meek - A Mexican or ‘Taco’ cheese blend adds flavor without being too spicy.

I have two pans in the fridge for dinner tomorrow, one for me and the likeminded roomie, one for the other two wusses.

3 Likes

Oh nice, might try this at some point this week. I’ll have to do the “wussy” version as my Dad doesn’t do spicy :frowning:

Right now, I’m waiting for the release off the Day of the Dead Barbie for this year. Supposed to be released tomorrow. My niece has been collecting them since Mattel started to put them out.

Back to food…I have a good friend that did some time and he’s been teaching me recipes he learned there. My favorite is Cup O Soup with crushed Flaming Hot Cheetos. I found some Carolina Reaper Cheetos and gonna try some at lunch time.

5 Likes

I approve. I have a mage named Homestarr and a placeholder named Trogdorr lol

2 Likes

/opens Google, Amazon, and DoorDash

In other spice-related news, I bought four (so far) packages of Paqui’s One-Chip Challenge. I have a driver who’s been pestering me to let her dye my hair green. Told her I’d finally let her if she eats one chip with me. She was excited at first, then became familiar with the One-Chip Challenge. She’s trying to psyche herself up for it, but I’m not sure she’ll be able to go through with it.

3 Likes

Requires several bottles of 151 beforehand!

3 Likes