[CS Lounge] Mastadôn's Puntastic Pseudo-thread!

Relevant backstory - Ever since Mrs. Teuf moved out, I retired the cheap headset I used to wear in favor of computer speakers.

Was leveling a WotLK DK for the retail mount when I noticed that NPC dialog is louder when my toon is facing the NPC. I monkeyed around for several minutes, talking to NPCs while pirouetting. It seems like the audio (well, the game audio, at least) is coming out of my soundbar in surround sound, or spatial audio, or something, but the soundbar can’t ‘translate’ it.

TL;DR - Am currently debating ordering the Razer 7.1 headset that’s currently 50% off on Amazon.

2 Likes

I have a Corsair HS80 wireless. It is SOOO comfortable.

1 Like

And of course I want the RGB base station that doubles the cost, because :sparkles:shiny :sparkles:

2 Likes

Are you still working remote?

/broken record
You know who is still in need of a vacation. You can still slip out there and give her an excuse to use it. I still want to hear how you would do if she took you to the Hafbrahouse in Vegas.

We still need playable Murlocs. A third faction.

4 Likes

What, playable Humans aren’t enough?

We need more fish souls in our diet. Humans all taste the same after a while.

2 Likes

Mmmmm… Calvinball.

Yesterday was the 60th anniversary of Kennedy’s Moon speech (go to 9:20 if you just want the soundbite):

2 Likes

The doctor is calling it covid pneumonia, said I may have had Covid with out even knowing. I feel like garbage today. Pneumonia sucks bad.

Hope you feel better soon.

1 Like

Need to get out of this chair and go be productive. Need to get out of the house, need to go be an adult for a bit and run errands… maybe get some lunch.

Amazon managed to send me the wrong size t-shirts twice, so I have two returns (one to Kohl’s the other to the UPS Store for some reason) and a trip to an actual store to get them myself.

You know you’ve had a gadget for a while when you find Radio Shack batteries in it. Even better, since they’re three volt Lithium batteries, they still have a charge.

3 Likes

Ooh, this looks like it could be a fantastic experience. Although I really do not like going down to Jax if I can avoid it, I just might make an exception for this event. It is 30k square feet of immersion, using over 300 of Van Gogh’s artworks.

Beyond Van Gogh

Beyond Van Gogh is a new truly immersive experience. While other shows use virtual reality or still images, our show breaks barriers by incorporating both still and moving art. Masterpieces, now freed from frames, come alive, appear, and disappear, flow across multi-surfaces, the minutia of details titillating our heightened senses. The show is projected on every surface around you, this makes you feel as though you have stepped directly into a Van Gogh painting. We accompany the show with a beautiful score and include many other surprises!

link: https://vangoghjacksonville.com

3 Likes

Yeah, that was near me a few months back and I really wanted to go but I never found the time. It looks amazing though.

2 Likes

Van Gogh is my absolute favorite artist (thanks in large part to The Doctor). I would love to see this! Gutted to have just found out it was here in Minneapolis, and just closed two days ago! :sob: :sob: :sob:

4 Likes

It was back home earlier this year, too. Would have been great to be able to see it.

Huh - apparently there are (at least) two different exhibitions going on, because the one in Grand Rapids is still going on. But that’s fine - you can’t get enough Van Gogh.

1 Like

It’s also currently in Detroit and Chicago. It’ll be in Madison WI from Thanksgiving till after New Year’s. I know what I’m asking Santa for this year. :smiley:

2 Likes

Moved to SF, new place is SoCal but fully remote so probably finishing the lease out here then moving

1 Like

I did a different show. It was great but since I have some sensitivities to perfume I had to step out.

1 Like

Fully remote? Pack up and move somewhere cheaper (or cooler). But then you leave all your friends behind. So… ¯\_(ツ)_/¯