[CS Lounge] Mastadôn's Puntastic Pseudo-thread!

Definitely a full moon for sure! The amount of crazy I saw today has been astounding.

3 Likes

Real life or forums lol.

5 Likes

I aprove of this message I leave u with this one
https://scontent.fyyc3-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t39.30808-6/306163322_2718410624969706_981781876732202274_n.jpg?_nc_cat=108&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=kXu9zXrgOiMAX8gzC5V&_nc_ht=scontent.fyyc3-1.fna&oh=00_AT80YjSIaLTBhuCoB4BEPGyUUxRzTwZ53dyBoJrdCasv_w&oe=6321538A

5 Likes

Yep, both lol

3 Likes

I really need to like this about a hundred times!

1 Like

Third post in a row…oops.

Does anyone know how to mention someone on the forums? I tried @, but it didn’t work.

Got another one for u
https://scontent.fyyc3-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t39.30808-6/306076787_5730330560331540_3832367030374256252_n.jpg?_nc_cat=1&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=8bfeb9&_nc_ohc=DB-N8qBg1lAAX8gI-64&_nc_ht=scontent.fyyc3-1.fna&oh=00_AT8ENBReWpBmQ4ktRMPatVZgx4Wfyl2Oxx7CGyC8QWGWtQ&oe=63213C9A

4 Likes

I’m wondering here.

When people on twitter say “Wall street is betting against the ATVI/M$ deal”

What do they mean?

Do they mean Wall Street the financial district ?
The Wall Street Journal ?
Or “Wall Street” a nebulous term for a set of investors ?

It doesn’t make sense to me. If they mean the district then it’s like saying “Random street name” is against the deal. If it’s the WSJ then that would be that journalist or analyst opinion. If they mean a set of investors that also makes no sense as there’s no one group of investors called “Wall Street”. It’s a district not a club.

2 Likes

It’s a nebulous term for professional stock traders (such as companies with their offices on Wall Street.) It usually refers to whether or not they recommend the stock, or purchase it themselves.

As an “individual” investor, Warren Buffett put money into ATVI prior to the MS deal, and has since put more money into ATVI.

In the grand scheme of things I wouldn’t make stock investment decisions solely on what “Wall Street” bets. Sometimes they promote/devalue a stock to make it more valuable to make big sales or less valuable to make purchases.

2 Likes

IIRC It was a Wall Street investor who famously said computers wouldn’t amount to anything.

boooooooo hello!!!

9 Likes

*gasp* issaalvie

4 Likes

The president of IBM said something like that, back in 1943. Back when computers were the size of a house.

So many of the “interesting” quotes about computers came from times before the major miniaturization and expanded capacity we see in technology today. The only ones who seemed to see the future of computers wrote science fiction.

1 Like

in between jobs atm, next one won’t start for a bit so trolling seemed to be productive

5 Likes

Yay got my retail dragon mount after lvling my WOTLKC DK.

6 Likes

Did that earlier. It’s been a minute, but having done that all so many times over the years, it was kind of easy to auto-drive through the opening zone. It was nice though, having so many folks piled in for the Battle at Light’s Hope. Even with the extra folks there to do the same, I was surprised there wasn’t too many bottlenecks.

1 Like

So this kind of sucks. My normal internet bill was $110.88 a month. This was for my Gigabit Internet through Telus. Now it got raised to $180 a month starting this month.

No notifications at all. I just talked to a representative and he told me everyone’s bill went up this month for their internet services. Wish they would have given me better notice. So I can balance my money from work and stuff to pay this bill.

Oof, that is too much of a hike without notice. I’m sorry.

3 Likes

I did it all by foot missed getting my deathcharger somehow but thats allright i probably wont touch it again but who knows.