[CS Lounge]: Maps and naps

Even though I have barely played the last few months, I still might be playing too much or not getting out enough. Went to the State Fair today and kept thinking, wow, it’s almost like being at the Darkmoon Faire…

4 Likes

That’s a lot of toppings for that style.

2 Likes

Came home from the fair to pizza talk and now I’m wondering: why is battered deep-fried pizza not a thing? I’m not saying it’s a thing I’d want, just that they deep fry everything they can at the fair, so why not pizza? Maybe it’s because it would be hard to put on a stick. I think everything I ate at the fair was on a stick.

3 Likes

Yeah, I’m still trying to understand how (or why) they decided that deep frying Coca-Cola was something that needing doing.

^Couldn’t agree more!

In regards to other toppings, I do not like pepperoni (on anything). But I really like chicken on pizza with either bbq sauce or a white sauce. Bacon, ham, green olives, tomatoes, & bell peppers are also some of my fave toppings.

Haven’t made it to Italy yet, but I really enjoyed the pizza I had while in Switzerland. It was thin crust (which I prefer) and very flavorful.

2 Likes

Playing HQ trivia and the hosts are clearly high and its funny.

Oh alarm. Last night was the first good night of sleep all week. Why did you have to interupt that?

6 Likes

Alarms are the bane of my existence. I have insomnia, so it always seems like as soon as I get to sleep, it’s time to get up.

Kind of reminds of that one Star Trek episode “Schisms” where an alien race was experimenting on the Enterprise crew. That’s how I feel most of the time.

4 Likes

Not an alien race, it’s Gnomes. When you sleep, we experiment on all of you!!

5 Likes

Shhh!!! Don’t tell all our secrets!

4 Likes

They were a little thick but the shredded beef & pork was a little thicker then the pepperoni, the veggies made it thicker along with all the cheese but the flavor was awesome, It was absolutely the best pizza I’ve ever had in my life.

2 Likes

Italy’s pizza everywhere I went was thin and cooked in a wood fired oven, There was one I tried once just outside Milan in a little restaurant in the middle of no where that had small clams (Shell & all) on it with a white creamy sauce that was different but tasty. (Still though nothing like Brooklyn’s)

2 Likes

Once while in China I took my wife out to eat at a Pizza Hut (Yes they have them there) but it was nothing like the Hut’s pizza here in the USA, There was an odd taste to it that I didn’t like however the people in China loved it because they were packed night after night.

KFC is another restaurant they love there and it tasted just like it does here just as the Subway & McDonalds taste just like they do here.

I went to a Subway in Ireland once and was very freaked out that the “American cheese” was white and not waxy yellow.

3 Likes

The local subway near me has white American cheese as well as yellow, When I ask for American cheese they always put the white on it, I’ve never thought to ask them about it, Next trip I will find out what they have to say about it. Or maybe someone here knows?

I just had to find out the answer so I researched it and found out Yellow American cheese is seasoned and colored with annatto while white American cheese does not contain annatto.

1 Like

I wish more companies used annatto instead of yellow#5

1 Like

the Subway near where i live has orange and white cheddar. i like to differentiate between the two, though i often prefer orange cheddar in my toasted subs.

2 Likes

Hey all im just curious but if someone puts their email in a post should we report it for something so it gets taken out for their own good, or do we just let it be and hope a mod or sfa see’s it?

Also sorry if this breaks lounge rules :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Most posters that I have seen reply to the person that it’s not safe to put in their email in and also report it as well then that way it will be handled swiftly.

1 Like

The CS forum is pretty heavily moderated usually, and they remove it. I’d recommend reporting if you’re not sure it will be seen quickly, though.

2 Likes