[CS Lounge] Is it dangerous to go alone into the Shadowlands?

It was nice knowing you all. The Texas Marshalls are coming to get me. They have called twice this hour. Fraud was done in Texas on my SSN. :scream:
:crazy_face:

2 Likes

Ouch. Hopefully you can get that cleared up but I imagine it’ll be a mess.

2 Likes

It’s a scam
They want you to panic and call them and give all your info. I’m amazed people fall for it, but they must or they wouldn’t do it. My husband had a streak of these a week ago. I guess it’s my turn now. The dead give away was they called on my cell phone. No one knows the number. I got it when my Mom was sick in the nursing home and only my husband and sister have the number.

5 Likes

Vrak - aren’t you down there? Take care of that, will ya? :laughing:

I now believe we might get one or two inches of snow. There’s already quite a bit on the ground, and it’s still coming down. So I guess I’m staying home for the foreseeable future. These dunderheads down here really can’t drive in snow.

1 Like

We need to get the leaves picked up before the snow comes.
the trees aren’t cooperating. :fallen_leaf: :leaves:

Ah! I thought the ones calling had your SSN, that’s different. My mom gets those too now that she’s retired. I’ve taught her well though and she doesn’t fall for it.

I am! I actually fully moved into my house over the weekend. This is my first day working from home in my official new home. :smiley:

11 Likes

I’m impressed you got your internet hooked up so quickly. Or are you mobile hotspotting?

I can imagine the yard work in Texas. Get out the mower. Put on a sweat band. Kick a snake away. Start mowing. Kick another creepy crawly. Almost pass out from the humidity. Get a drink. Kick a snake. :smile: Do they have gater’s in Texas?

1 Like

I took care of the internet as soon as escrow closed. I had someone come out last week so I could get a direct line where my computer is. Playing on Wifi for a month+ was… challenging. Getting all that set up before I moved my computer from the AirBnB where I was staying was priority.

I don’t think so. My backyard is full of trees (27 of them) so likely not a lot of mowing and more raking leaves.

5 Likes

So tree snakes. Got it. Perfectly safe for you.

3 Likes

Hope you have better luck than I did. I’m now hoping the snow melts long enough to get the last of the leaves taken care of.

My guild didn’t use either. If they had a question they asked me. They told me I was faster than Google. Quests, lore, whatever.

1 Like

Absolutely not! You can seem like you know everything about the game. :laughing:

i’m gonna go out on a…“limb” here and say, i hope they…“leaf” you alone.

1 Like

Congrats Vrak!! It’s so exciting moving into a new place :slight_smile:

/sends virtual house warming gift…hoof warmers for those cold Texas nights!

2 Likes

Hope the Blizzard employees in California stay safe.
https://www.cnn.com/2020/10/26/us/california-fires-monday/index.html

1 Like

Another day in California.

You stay safe too Merdrah.

Nothing is burning up here yet. Everything is still regrowing from the Thomas Fire. Here they usually say that it takes about a decade of regrowth before a section of forest is going to burn down again.

1 Like

:wink:I get that call every week, as well as the utility company call, and several variations of the credit card scams (they will lower my interest rate to zero on all of my cards and/or forgive all my credit card debts) and about once a month “Apple support” calls about the compromise to my Apple cloud account (I don’t and never have used any Apple product other than at work before I retired where I had to troubleshoot software issues on the Macs) “Microsoft support” only calls about once every two months. Most of the scams are so obvious but they apparently catch enough folks to make a profit and keep going.

Calls are down from about five or six a day to only one or two, the phone company is blocking their numbers faster.

1 Like