[CS Lounge] I will roll, roll through the gates of Torghast

When I started in fast food, we had a broiler under a hood, four fryers under a hood, and a couple other pieces of heated equipment not under hoods that affected the kitchen temps a little (small units, didn’t run too hot). By the time I left, many years on, there was a new style broiler (hotter), the same fryers, and a bunch of heated holding units that were much hotter than the previous equipment, which were right in front of my face all day. And all this with no update to the AC systems (because that would cost money). And no fans, because that would look “tacky.”

The pizza place was pretty bad, too, but not as bad as BK. 200 degrees, smack in front of your face.

The people I see that work in the walk-in freezers usually come to work with their snow outfits.

i remember when the staff fridge broke down, we had to store our lunches in the dairy cooler. it was pretty cold in there…perfect place to walk into very briefly during those hot summer days, let me tell ya. XD

also, all you guys talking about pizza places, is making me crave pizza and being broke means, i can’t have any. ;-;

edit: if the devil ever lost his hair, there would be hell toupee.

/runs out

2 Likes

Good morning!

I went hiking this weekend, took my Nikon for some shooting. Almost passed out because I didn’t bring as much water as I needed. Woooo!

6 Likes

Reminds me of the time i went to palm springs took the gondola up the mountan and walked around totaly outa shape lol.

I had my camera bag, so I was already carrying junk. I had a bottle of tea, and a liter of water which I thought would be enough…

I was also wearing boots I bought for the ren faire because I am afraid of rattlesnakes :cowboy_hat_face: :neutral_face: Those were not made for rocky/hilly terrain in 90+ degrees heat.

2 Likes

Man, I haven’t been hiking in way too long. I lived in an apartment in the next town over for a year, and the only thing that I miss about that place is that it was a block away from a green belt with a couple of miles of paths through undeveloped land. It was great.

Sounds fun, except for the whole dehydration part. I’ve neglected my photography for entirely too long. I probably need to upgrade my camera before I do any “serious” stuff though.

I’ve started using a hydration pack when doing any longer hikes - makes it easier to take water, some food, and maybe a rain jacket or something. But living in the Midwest, it’s a bit easier to know when dehydration starts, because it’s easier to notice when you stop sweating.

3 Likes

After our somewhat extended (4 month) road trip in 2017 my D5500 got a D5600 companion.

I can no longer do any actual hiking, so if the sign says “waterfalls ¼ mile, moderate hiking conditions” I give the camera to my wife and she goes and takes some pictures, you know that’s when the bear with cubs will walk by while I have no camera. So now we have two.

4 Likes

SPOILER ALERT
If you havent watched the show dont watch.

Way better then the abomination

You just triggered my fight-or-flight response, Darth.

I’ve done the same thing at Disneyland. Now when I do summer visits I do two bottles of water worth each time I stop for water.

I can give u a nooks mile ticket to fly if you want lol.

You know you’ve had a long day when you’re catching up on threads and adding information that was literally the last thing mentioned in the previous post.

OI.

4 Likes

Time for bed sings heavy metal lulabyes while rocking you getnly to sleep.

Meh. I just use a jacket. In the summer I can pretty much stay in there indefinitely.

In the winter, it gets to my hands quickly, however.

I just watched this and regret nothing. Did they do the whole series like this?

The abomination isnt the tv show this was way better then what shall not be named.

1 Like

Had a great weekends, Did some wargaming with friends on Saturday and Sunday, PLUS scored close to $500 Bolt Action model kits from a friend of mine for free. his reason? “I just want them gone and they was just taking up room”

5 Likes

I’m awake. I’m not sleep you are sleeping.

Normally at work right now, and new alarm set for 45 minutes from now. But my body frsakes and yelled get up. So in up.

Perhaos a little Uncharted 4 while the house is quiet? Hmmnn