[CS Lounge] I will roll, roll through the gates of Torghast

Well found out today I start nurse aide classes at work next week. I will be, for the time being, working for the nursing dept. AND the dietary dept. This will last until boards are able to be taken when everything opens up back to normal again. So there is a chance I will wind up working 7 days a week, but whatevs. OT is OT. I will be riding 27 hours of it this work week as it is.

6 Likes

Give it to me, give it ALL to me.

I’ve discovered the most comfortable room temperature for me to work is 82-83F (28C), and that’s typical office clothing for me, which is T and jeans. The usual office 68-72F (20-22C) is just too dang cold and I keep sweaters and jackets around. I love getting outside in looser, lighter clothes when it’s hotter (mmm 90s), but sitting and working in pants, this is perfect.

1 Like

here’s a fair trade. i sent you the heat i suffer from in the summer, if you send me the climate control for your office building. you get your heat 24/7, i get my cool climes 24/7. :grin:

Yeah, it was 86 degrees today, and apparently tomorrow as well.

I need to set up my AC at home after I return from work.

TIL there is now an option to report a post based on the author’s inappropriate name.

9 Likes

Also, have I been missing these options (marked by arrows) OR are they new as well?

ugh…migraine coming on,

2 Likes

Hmm… while taking a peek at those options, I noticed I had 2 ‘flagged post removed by staff’ notifications this past week. I reviewed the posts and they don’t seem out of line to me. I wasn’t otherwise penalized, so I’m operating under the assumption that I haven’t earned another mark on my permanent record.

1 Like

/tar Alvraen
/eat
:smile:
Staying busy?

I think I’ve determined to take another stab at poutine today. I’ll be abandoning my previous method of simply applying cheese curds and gravy (from a packet) to a plate of french fries.

I have instead found an actual recipe to follow (which in all fairness can be interpreted as ‘apply cheese curds and gravy to a plate of fries’). It’s essentially a recipe for the gravy, which should give me greater control of the thickness of the gravy. I think thicker will be better, or at least thicker than the original effort. The fries on top were nicely coated, those at the bottom were absolutely sopping, and the gravy didn’t stick to the curds long enough to really make them gooey.

2 Likes

The “Dismiss All” was just moved (I think). The “Filter By” is new.

1 Like

I don’t know if anyone else has noticed the newest edition to the reporting feature:

/giggles with glee

11 Likes

Yeah, those don’t count as a mark against your account nor do they effect trust levels :wink:

It always felt weird reporting using “it’s inappropriate” when there was nothing wrong with the post, just the name of the poster.

1 Like

Totally missed Teuf’s post :wink:

We’re bracing for some serious storms here today. We had one in the middle of the night that was pretty crazy, so hopefully things won’t get too bad this afternoon!

We had thunder and lightning yesterday for over an hour. I always know when they are coming, even if they aren’t in the forecast. I get a certain headache before they happen. It’s the only time I get those headaches.

Had decent rain yesterday. Gonna wait till evening before I mow the yard, give it a little more time to dry out. At least, that’s the story I’m telling myself to justify taking a six-hour ‘nap’.

1 Like

inb4: Already self reported my name and was deemed acceptable. :kissing_heart:

Thanks for the update. Wasn’t aware you or anyone thought that it might not be.

3 Likes

It’s been mentioned. You know, because… :poop:
Just trying to be proactive.