[CS Lounge] I think Stormy has started to move

i was talking about the thunder and lightning actually. not a fan of it honestly, though as long as i’m home i should be okay.

I’m with you - I can always add layers; I can’t always remove them. And there’s nothing quite like sleeping under a nice heavy quilt.

We have some rules here, I think - at least fireworks aren’t going off all year. But with the 4th coming up soon, we’re bound to see a bunch soon. My dog is going to have a rough time. She actually doesn’t do too badly, but they do bother her. Last year, several people in the neighborhood managed to over-fill their curbside trash bin with used fireworks.

And there’s a pop-up fireworks shop up the road, with something like six full sized shipping containers alongside. That’s a lot of fireworks.

Sounds like design in general.

You can always add more complexity. It usually makes the product worse, and you can’t always get rid of it.

1 Like

On this side of the lake (Lake Ontario to be specific as Ontario province continues all the way to Lake Superior), consumer fireworks (as opposed to licensed displays) are limited to “ground based sparkling devices” and can only be purchased and sold from June 1st to July 5th for Fourth of July celebrations and from December 26 to January 1 for New Year’s celebrations in the 40 counties that allow any fireworks.

It’s against the law if you try to buy fireworks outside those date ranges. My county is not one of those that allow fireworks, they’re all illegal here, but the law is seldom enforced.

An adjacent county allows them, but not the exploding devices (firecrackers, M-80s and such) I was talking about, only the “ground based sparkling devices”. People go out of state to illegally import the noisy ones and rockets.

We’ve always had a lot of these every year around the fourth, and some the week before and after, but this year they’re all night every night from mid-May on, thought it was gun fire at first, but it’s mostly just a lot of fireworks.
Doesn’t seem to have any connection to the protests. I was just wondering if this was widespread or just a local phenomenon. From the responses it must be local.

When I was a young’un, I had a dog that couldn’t care less about fireworks or tstorms. That was until some dingus threw a firecracker through the window of my purple Gremlin. (that’s a real old car) She was a wreck after that. I was 18 and could not understand why someone would toss a firecracker into a moving car. I am older and wiser now.

Today is going to be my last oven meal for awhile. Making pot roast and hot baked german potatoes. The windows are still open because the humidity is still low but it’s 85. For the next week it’s going into the 90’s with the dreaded humidity. Also known as the air you can wear. Gonna shut up the house again.

Soooo tired. I tossed and turned a lot last night, and about halfway through the night my brother’s cat decided to take over half my bed/blankets so I added that to the discomfort. :yawning_face:

Saw the AH changes, immediately wished they’d apply similarly in WOW Classic, then laughed at myself as I can find something like the added 4 backpack slots problematical, but internal throttles desirable. I mean, I feel like I have good reasons for my take on each, but I’m not foolish enough to ignore my obvious biases.

This is the internet - you don’t have biases - everyone else does.

1 Like

It is catching up to me as well.

60 hours last week, one day off, and currently today was day 5, 2 of which were doubles in a row. I am already at 47 hours this week. I am just tired. I am sleeping like the dead, but when I am up, I am exhausted. Muscles are sore, etc.

Oh well it is the price I pay for a metric boatload of OT and some spending :moneybag::money_with_wings:

1 Like

Okay, I need to just stay in here … or stay away from the forums. Retail is mad about the AH throttle. Classic is mad about the instance throttle. (And I don’t want to get so mad I want to player throttle. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:)

/builds pillow fort and hides

2 Likes

I need to just stay away from the forums, I think. For the past few days, I have been, as my first wife would say, ‘in a mood’. It’s just been a rough few months, and it’s really starting to wear on me.

4 Likes

Ok, so if I am reading this right:

While Timewalking is active, you will gain a 50% bonus to reputations earned from quests and creature kills for all reputations associated with the corresponding expansion.

Then would next week’s Timewalking (Burning Crusade) be the best time to finish out my Ogri’la rep?

1 Like

Are you watching me play? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

I have lost count of how many times I have done that … clean off the map I go. :rofl:

So then I usually just end up killing my ghost in fatigue waters to move my corpse closer.

2 Likes

oi! we have a pillow fort already! we’ve got iced tea, baked sweets and a BBQ outside cooking up some grub for us all. :yum:

from what i’ve read…i’d say yes?

2 Likes

It was one of the most common type of stuck tickets back when I first started as a Game Master at the end of BC. Flying mounts… Set yourself to fly across zone while you step away… come back dead.

Or people running across Westfall… bloop, right into the water

4 Likes

little bubble comes up…pop help!

/puts roasted garlic aioli mayo on a bun, and helps himself to a BBQ’d cheeseburger slathered with jack daniels BBQ sauce

2 Likes

While I do still die from getting up to go do something (and forgetting I was flying), the majority of my off-the-map deaths are caused from me reading the Forums while I am flying. I often forget just how fast flight actually is in game.

Also, another way I discovered to end up off the map – forgetting you have levitate activated when you take the cannon at the Faire. D’OH

3 Likes

well in your defense, they DID warn the canonneer to ease up on the gunpowder. :rofl:

2 Likes

Ugh tempted to coment on a post that said doing a full UI reset shouldnt be the first thing to do when its trouble shooting 101 been that way for years sigh.

2 Likes

You know, while I’m happy I can still sleep. This uncertainty about my housing is disburbing my thoughts at work.

1 Like

Hopefully you can get a quick & suitable resolution to your housing dilemma. How much more time do you have left in your current residence? Any prospects yet for a new place?