[CS LOUNGE] Hoppity Hippity

I went out last night and tried to catch some photos on my phone. They aren’t the best photos as I did an exposure setting and my arms aren’t the steadiest.

We live in the bottom part of Georgia, right at the Florida state line, so it was a very nice surprise.

10 Likes

Oh nice. And for it to travel that far south, must of been more stronger there than it would’ve been here, although Sydney is about as far north as some would’ve been able to see it here. I’ve seen some of the pictures from others and the photos does look amazing.

But just wish it didn’t rain so I could’ve seen it too :sob:

2 Likes

I live too far south, and then rain. I was told by a friend in the Panhandle saw it.

2 Likes

The geomagnetic storm that is causing such a grand display across the world was a 5 out of 5 on the magnitude scale. Last time we had a storm this strong was 2003.

While the strongest effects hit last night, it will still have weaker effects throughout the weekend.

Hope you get to see some effects from it.

link: https://www.cnn.com/2024/05/10/world/solar-flares-storms-cme-auroras-scn/index.html

4 Likes

If it can last until Tuesday…

https://i.imgur.com/wYMx5g9.png

Aren’t going to have nothing but rain right through.

EDIT: Speaking if which, saw this on the news last night too.

2 Likes

Ugh forest fires are out in full force very smokey.

2 Likes

That is a lot of devastation. Hopefully no serious injuries resulted from it.

We had tornadoes come through the other day. My husband was driving home and was right near the tornado. He could see it and had to avoid downed trees on the road.

2 Likes

I feel like a real dummy. Whenever they announce that the Northern lights may be seen, I go out on the deck and look. Haven’t seen them yet. Last night I totally forgot to go and check. My sister sent some wonderful pictures from her backyard.

I blame it on the 2 martinis I had at dinner. :dracthyr_nod: :cocktail:

7 Likes

DW and I live in Alberta Canada. The aroras were so intense to see. This is from wetaskiwin. If anyone can fix the link for me that would be great.

https://imgur.com/a/NWJ9B2t

4 Likes

<-------is jealous.

1 Like

Reposting the images for you:

13 Likes

You have a ghost in your backyard. :eyes:

6 Likes

Thank you so much kyzera. Yes, the ghosts name is bob.

4 Likes

I was only able to see them through my camera and only faintly, but it was still really neat. I feel lucky to have been blessed with seeing the total eclipse and the northern lights this year. :dracthyr_heart:

6 Likes

You’re welcome.

2 Likes

I just blame the rain we had here.

1 Like

It was raining all last night with the cool front that rolled in. So, I couldn’t see anything

:dragon: :ocean: :dragon: :ocean:

I’m honestly over the rain. We’ve had too much rain over the past couple of years, and always seem to be under constant flood watch.

It’s hotter and wetter every year. The humidity makes it suffocating

:ocean: :dragon: :ocean: :dragon:

1 Like

someone help motivate me to clean my room ;w;

1 Like