[CS LOUNGE] Hoppity Hippity

Some of my earliest memories were me being dropped off at the Neighbors house because the bus didn’t come until after my mom had left for work.

And they lived down this dirt road and had a giant satellite in their front yard and had TV from all over the world because the stations used to turn off at 11 o’clock and not come on until six.

And there was little me sitting there with the Ziploc bag of Cheerios Watching Looney Tunes.

:dragon: :ocean: :dragon: :ocean:

3 Likes

I can definitely remember seeing the station go off the air at night. And The Star Spangled Banner at the beginning and end of the broadcast day.

5 Likes

We sometimes had the looney tunes on Sunday here too back when I was growing up. Would watch the looney tunes over anything else still to this day. In fact, Space Jam was the first movie I’ve ever seen in cinemas too.

In junior/senior high we had morning cartoons. The we would switch to an Edmonton channel and get another set of morning cartoons. So we would have at least 6 hours of cartoons every Saturday.

2 Likes

Now that was a smart idea, we were stuck with rabbit ears so we were stuck with only a small hand full of poor quality channels.

1 Like

Trying to remember what Saturday cartoons I watched. It’s been 87 years…

Garfield and Friends for sure, and also Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (“Heroes in a half shell, TURTLE POWER!”). Dungeons and Dragons was another. Anyone remember Muppet Babies?

Tiny Toons, Bugs Bunny, Animaniacs, Ducktales…they were all in a weekday afternoon lineup to get kids to watch TV and not do their homework.

6 Likes

Mel my hero, another 80’s child.

3 Likes

My siblings and I once had an argument over whether this performance of the national anthem - pre-recorded, 6 am, everyone in pajamas - required us to stand up and put our hands over our hearts.

1 Like

I can remember Garfield, (one of my favorites), Pink Panther, Looney Toons, Catch the Pigeon, Flintstones, The Jetsons and Scooby Doo, though I think some of those were in the afternoon.

Does anyone remember the Land of the Lost series? That was another favorite.

4 Likes

Anyone remember “The Littles”?

I loved watching that show as well.

5 Likes

Tiny Toons, Animaiacs, Invader Zim, and then like were all College + for me. Even TMT and most of those things were a bit young for me. I never saw any of that, or Transformers. I kind of skipped that bit I guess.

We had He-Man, Thundercats, Smurfs, Super Friends (Wonder Twins, etc.), Looney Tunes, Flintstones, Jetsons, Scooby Doo, idk what else.

We were not allowed to watch much TV though so not really a surprise that I did not see a ton.

8 Likes

I had totally forgotten about

Transformers and GI Joe I remember, but I didn’t really pay much attention to it when it was on.

Yes, I had forgotten about that one too!

Also, Inspector Gadget, Snorks, Care Bears and Alvin and the Chipmunks. I had the Alvin and the Chipmunks album too. It was so silly. :dracthyr_hehe_animated:

2 Likes

I never saw the series, but I remember reading the books as a youngster.

2 Likes

Truthfully, I actually never even heard of it at all. In fact, it only aired on TV long before I was born.

Those, + Code Name: Kids Next Door, Fosters Home for Imaginary Friends, Powerpuff Girls, Yogi Bear

2 Likes

Yikes! We’re old. :dracthyr_hehe_animated:

3 Likes

I mean, it only aired on the ABC in 1986. I was born 4 years later.

And before anyone ask, when I say ABC, I am talking about Australian Broadcasting Corporation, not the American ABC.

1 Like

I never saw Spongebob! That is on the list of stuff I was just older for. I know what it is, but never watched it.

I really read a ton more books than anything else. I was a library aide from 4th grade (9 yrs old) through the end of Middle School 8th grade. I was there anyway and I guess it was a secret program to keep vulnerable kids away from bullies at recess? I have come to think that is a possibility and I was just so happy with the books and the organization system that I did not even notice.

1 Like

The only Spongebob I have seen is basically the memes found on YouTube, Giphy/Tenor or on any image hosting website. I haven’t even watched one episode yet.

1 Like

Okay I am give out now. My “I’ll just do a little bit on my Priest” turned into a whole lot more.

But got the wings I wanted from Path of Ascension and a ton more mogs, achieves, mounts, pets, etc. Still not done with it by any means but got a great start on it.

2 Likes

I rember watching a episode of the og doctor who rerun probably i grew up on heman she ra db dz transformers astro boy some of the older anme back when the zone had anime todays special harriets magic trunk that had hats th related to a job.