[CS LOUNGE] Hoppity Hippity

there’s vegan kimchi that doesn’t use fish/prawn paste.

2 Likes

Mmm. Would eat all of that.

My favourite dish is Gamjatang, though it shouldn’t come with potatoes. ^~

I can’t find one I like around here though. People keep adding potatoes.

I have a hard time finding good Kimchi around here, too. One of these days, I’ll make the trip to the Asian market on the other side of town. My mom made really good Kimchi, for a farm girl from Iowa. The Korean ladies she worked with taught her.

1 Like

I will have to keep that in mind! I know nothing at all about any of it so this was all a learning experience.

At least I have nice leftovers for the week! Minus the kimchi.

That sounds like a fantastic way to experience new foods!

That would be my recommendation. Find a Korean supermarket. That’s usually where you’ll find the best kimchi.

I have been promised he will go to the Korean market before asking me to try it again! That is an hour or more in the other direction from his house and on the other side of a major city. Fun fun. He explained that going to a Chinese market for Korean is like going to the regular supermarket for Chinese groceries. There will be some things, but not a wide selection. The only market near me was the Chinese market.

The Chinese market we go to is crazy. It has tanks the size of a small swimming pool full of different fish to buy. They will even cook them for you right there. It does smell a bit fishy though. They have so much stuff I have no idea what it all is. It’s a fun place to browse. We have Japanese and Indian markets close to home. That’s the plus side of a biggish city. A big food variety.

2 Likes

Mirasol, that looks so delicious, making me hungry :yum: :yum: :yum:

Though I am not highly hyped over Korean food, as some of it is a bit hot for my liking, but Korean dishes though are wonderfully good.

So, I was in the kitchen prepping and cooking for an hour and a half. Chicken schnitzel, broccoli and homemade hollandaise. Fresh fruit. Stupid head cold and allergies. I couldn’t taste anything. I hope it was good. It did get eaten so it must have been.

Yes, I took a Covid test because of the loss of taste but it was negative. Just a horribly stuffed up head.

:unamused:

1 Like

It’s DeadPaul!

3 Likes

Its raining its pouring random cs usual is snoring. Home made chili for supper.

At my old apartment, there was an old Korean Lady that would bury Kimchii pots in the back yard of her house. I asked her what she was doing, and she told me, about a couple of months later, she knocks on my door with a huge jar of Cabbage Kimchii and Cucumber Kimchee. it was sooo good, and very spicy.

5 Likes

Where was it supposed to go?

no idea! i visited HQ once and a dev pulled it up for me and I cried

3 Likes

Are you going to fly out to Vegas for Mother’s Day?

Well that takes care of the darkspear ha.

2 Likes

wish i could. recently unemployed but in the process of interviews

1 Like

I did the Draenai chain last night. It’s packed with detail. There was an NPC from Vanilla that I had forgotten about. Good stuff.

5 Likes

Ask her to scout places out there for you to contact.

2 Likes

That would happen if you persist in posting in the wrong location, or trolling like this comment is.

Definitely.

It does. No one is censoring you. You are free to give the same feedback in the appropriate location.

9 Likes