[CS Lounge] Hop Hop Hopping

She has no idea what she is in for Mother’s Day.

I don’t care that we are separated. This is my opportunity to teach the boys how you treat a woman you care about, be a true man where it matters.

I got her a candle that is the same scent of one of my soaps she smelled and said she liked. Boogy loves it when I burn my candle in the house. It smells so good. Also, when I get home on Sunday, all 3 of us are going to cook her some food and take it to her when I bring them home. Ribeye, as it is her favorite. (Store didn’t have Ribeye so grandma got some other stuff, but Ribeye still her fav and to be honest she does not have the experience cooking it anyway) Zucchini and Squash, and Roasted red potatoes.

Throw in a card from me and the boys, and a small box of chocolates, and my job is done.

Granted when pappa day comes around, I will be lucky if I get a text, but I feel an important lesson can be taught to the boys.

5 Likes

So cute. Boogy chatting with his best friend while playing Fortnite. Neither have mics so they have to type.

He just said…I thought you were gonna let your cussin play?

I was like WHAAAAAAAA??? He said yeah his cousin…but he said it like he spelled it

3 Likes

He’s nearly 8!

5 Likes

I’m fairly sure my oldest was that age not long ago, at least as I remember it; she is, however, 51 now.

3 Likes

It feels like most of my time while I’m working from home is spent as a cat referee. The new cat has to be kept away from eating my cat’s food, by nudging or by scant use of the spray bottle. They at least aren’t hostile, and will generally walk around each other when in the same space. :cat:

2 Likes

Told you not to blink

4 Likes

It’s a power ploy. It starts with food and ends with your lap.

3 Likes

Super tired. Cook tomorrow. Regret saying mo day I would do it lolol.

Oh well

Helped a friend with her shopping today. Ex wife was pissed I was not with the kids as I only have both here once a week. Or so she says. I think she was annoyed j was out.

If she only knew the person I was out with is 20 years younger than me and admitted having a crush on me.

Nowhwre near the right head space to pursue rhst atm though. Not fair to her.

Happy mothers day to all the moms out there.

Today is a very hard day. Could not figure out why I could not sleep last night. Hit me like a ton of bricks this morning on way to work.

Last year, day after Mothers day, she told me we need to seperate. I am struggling right now. Hurting. I am still, a year later, hopelessly madly in love with her and cannot seem to let go. My brain is telling me to, my heart on the other hand?

Hope everyone has a spectacular Sunday, and that all you moms don’t have to lift a finger and get pampered and spoiled today.

5 Likes

Wish I could give you a big ol’ hug, Mast. I’m sorry you’re hurting.

4 Likes

It’s OK. I really truly and honestly appreciate that

I will be fine. I am working through it now that I recognize it.

We have big plans for her today too. She thinks the mothers day text was all that was happening today. Boys and I gonna all cook her a meal. Together. I have a card we gonna sign and give to her. I have a box of chocolates one boy can give. And a candle the other can give.

Think she will appreciate it.

4 Likes

Got “dragged” into Mythics with my guild today. DK, DH, and 3 shamans. I’m woefully under-geared (I’m not actively raiding or running dungeons, so not a big deal). I died maybe five times, but it wasn’t terrible. No telling what would have happened if it wasn’t a guild group; no, that’s not right - I know exactly what would have happened. I would have spent that time running world quests.

2 Likes

Woot woot, the Edmonton Oilers are in the playoffs. I hope they kick some butt. Mcdavid 100 points in 53 games, that’s insane.

2 Likes

Hopefully they dont choke for a change.

Lol they sure blew it against Chicago last season

Is somebody talking about my Sharkies? I swear man.

Grandma took us to a traveling carnival. Boys having fun but Bubba made Boogy vomit on the spinning ride hehe.

2 Likes

I have a realitive that plays for jan jose brinson pasichnuk.

1 Like

They break my heart every year.

1 Like

Well she was very appreciative of the effort put forth for Mother’s Day. She knows it was all me but loved the effort to do most of it through the boys.

Bubba wrote on her card Thanks for birthing me

She LOVED that that Boogy helped me with the potatoes and Bubba helped with the Ribeye.

She gonna eat it for dinner as she had just finished eating lunch when we stopped by.

6 Likes

Let’s not talk about heartbreaks. Detroit (pick a sport) is the same way. But at least Detroit fans are under no illusions - we know they stink.

I remember the “good old days” of the Wings being so dominant in the 90s.

1 Like