[CS Lounge] Happy Thoughts

Getting a good nights sleep is very important. ._.

3 Likes

I haven’t had a good night’s sleep in over a year. Oh well, not like I’m not used to it by now.

Can I pull up a chair and wallow in grumpiness of my Monday with you?

Had a meeting at the youngest school on Wednesday. He has been struggling with reading. His ADHD is most certainly the culprit. He has come leakps and bounds in the last two months, however.

He has officially as of now been given a diagnosis of a learning disability. This actually makes me happy. It affords him special one on one time each week to help even more with his reading to grt him up to speed.

More importantly, it sets up assistance and accommodations in other areas. As math moves to word problems, somebody will read it to him. Things like thst.

This is all a huge relief to me. This also means no matter how he does on the state test next year, he cannot be held back based on his reading score. That was a huge worry for us.

Of course, we will not tell him any of this. He needs to understand how important these tests are, so that he takes it serious. But it is a giant weight off of our shoulders, fo sho

9 Likes

/Groot
I am Bug

4 Likes

Fun times…

I got served yesterday, from an accident from over a year ago. My insurance company is taking care of it. Plus I had a long talk with a Lawyer friend that I wargame with, who does a lot of Tort cases. Feeling a bit better about it.

5 Likes

You want me to think Happy Thoughts you say?

Dinner tonight. I decided I wanted a nice medium rare London Broil for dinner tonight. Let that bad boy marinate all day. Chunks of smashed garlic cloves have been shoved into this thing as well. Melted some provolone on top as well.

Bacon Ranch Au Gratin potatoes. Completely from a box, don’t care they are absolutely delicious.

And sauteed zucchini and onions. Zucchini is my absolute favorite vegetable, though it has seeds, so technically I believe it is a fruit. But you get the point.

Gonna have a happy belly in about 10 minutes.

5 Likes

Sounds really good to me.

I made tuna steaks and green salad tonight.

Tuna was thawed in a marinade of soy sauce and white wine, fried in butter and lemon, and served with a sour cream, dill pickle relish, lemon-butter fish stuff from the pan, onion and garlic sauce.

Finished a roast leg of lamb I’d been working with for four days yesterday.

Turkeys, roasts, and even whole chickens are a whole different thing with two of us than they were when we were a family of five.

3 Likes

So, for dessert bought some cresent roll dough at the store, Honey Butter flavor.

Thin layer of butter, added some cinnamon and sugar and rolled those bad boys up. Another dusting of sugar and cinnamon on top and into the oven. Was a big hit. Wife said next time put some chocolate chips inside, but I think that might be overkill.

Almost like the dessert quesadilla I used to make em haha.

2 Likes

Cooking tuna.

:exploding_head:

2 Likes

When making pie crusts both my wife and I had been raised the same way, and consequently also did the same with our children, leftover pie crust from trimming was always rolled into a ball, then given to the children who were allowed to roll it out thin, butter it, sift sugar and cinnamon on it, and roll it up. We then baked it and they had it for a desert or snack. Always popular.

Dessert quesadilla sounds like a briliant idea.

4 Likes

That dinner would definitely give me happy thoughts.

We did spaghetti as main course. Then I took a fudge brownie mix and added a block of cream cheese to it. Baked it til it cooked thoroughly on the outside while still leaving essentially a lava cake on the inside. Served with vanilla ice cream. Yum

6 Likes

Gonna see someone on Monday to help with my depression issues. This year so far has been crappy and it’s been hitting me hard.

8 Likes

I’m super-glad to hear that. I have an appointment on the 10th, myself, with a new therapist–first one in many years outside of the lady at work. I’m very happy to have taken this step, and I’m glad you did too.

5 Likes

Where am I?

What is this place?

Who are all of you people?

1 Like

Glad to hear it, for both you and Myrandriel. Getting help for depression is really important, especially when it affects all aspects of your life.

3 Likes

My Sophie’s health has taken a serious turn for the worse today. She won’t eat, drink, or even move more than to slightly move her head. Tomorrow I take her for her last trip to the veterinarian.

Best wishes to you and Sophie, and my heart goes out to you.

5 Likes

This Duke vs Virginia Tech Game is really got me on the edge of my seat; Hope Duke wins!

Edit: WHAT A GAME! WAY TO GO DUKE! 75 to 73 FINAL SCORE; VIRGINIA TECH SHOULD HAVE TIED IT IN THE LAST 1.5 SECONDS, THEY HAD AN OPEN SHOT RIGHT AT THE NET AND MISSED!

1 Like

Warning to those who are lucky enough to get into the Elder Scrolls Blades beta / early access AND are in way scared of spiders.

DO NOT progress further then Floor 7 of the Abyss.

Giant.Forest.Spiders

I mean I’m not even scared of the spiders in wow but these guys. They managed to make em look Large. And Scary :frowning:

3 Likes

I’ve gotta see if I can get in on that Beta; I love scary stuff, LOL!