[CS LOUNGE] Country roads, take me home

Amen Brother Mastadôn!

One of these Memorial Days in the future I’m going to erect a flagpole and take my Father’s Flag out of his case and fly it in his honor; I think he would like that better then just letting it sit on the mantle.

Edit: Spelling error

Not the specifics of it but yea, I know that containment is still an ongoing effort… Sounds like as of 2019 it’s not moving significantly but still warm because of the radiation. (thanks wikipedia)

1 Like

Dad was stationed in southern Germany when Chernobyl melted down; I was about sixteen. I remember people being freaked out, but not panicked, because the radiation was blown east, away from us.

We kids took to calling the local ravens ‘Chernobyl crows’ because they seemed freakishly large compared to the crows we were used to seeing Stateside.

1 Like

I have my Dad’s Flag in a case with his purple heart and other medals. I don’t know if I would have the heart to take it out. I think I can finally get my bbq in. That flank steak has been marinating so long I bet it will taste like beef jerky.

1 Like

Indeed it is. Here is a better view of its branches.

3 Likes

Well our cookout got postponed until tomorrow but we’ll still have fun.

I love the pictures you posted Kyzera especially the Tortoise, that is so cool.

Here’s the link below of the picture of the Oak in our backyard, I measured the circumference to be 21’ - 9". One day I will get around to finish clearing the undergrowth, I also need to clear more around the Pear Tree that is to the left of this and the Fig Tree that is to the right.

https://imgur.com/a/QlMQbk3

1 Like

You could prop the case up in a window at the front of the house. That way you don’t have to worry about having to fold it again.

That is a mighty fine looking tree.

Thank you.

1 Like

So, I have been wanting to watch the show Power for a while now.

Decided to check it out. Pretty good show, at least the first episode was. Checking out number 2 now.

Had the baking bug lately, and might have gone a little overboard tonight. Thought I’d share! :sweat_smile:

(All sugar cookie base: peanut butter, PB and chocolate chip, chocolate chip, and rainbow sprinkle.)

8 Likes

mmmh chocolate chip cookie would do a hommer drooling gif but not lvl 3.

2 Likes

My house looks like a druid lives here. Which is appropriate considering my main.

I grow plumeria. Frangipani for non US folx.

Also, new job has me making a :poop: ton of macros so I can answer tickets quicker.

1 Like

(Honestly, I’m surprised you don’t have TL3!)

I got you, fam.

1 Like

probably short a few thousand posts and likes lol.

2 Likes

You have read 8.1k posts out of the 20k required. Your Likes count seems fine on given & received.

Suspected something like that ty.

You’re welcome.

1 Like

/BBQ Centaur

Just a few more days

Well, we didn’t end up grilling because it was too windy, but we did go to Applebee’s instead! Our server had just started on the Keto diet like what Dad’s on, so we shared a few tips with her about it. Mom comes home tomorrow afternoon and then on Thursday, they’ll be heading for Colorado for the summer. Wheeeeeee.

5 Likes

I have been watching Chernobyl with a good friend of mine. We both really enjoy the show!

One of my fathers co-workers (Who is a friend of mine) was actually in the town that the people from Pripyat were evacuated to. He has some disturbing but also very interesting stories to tell.