[CS LOUNGE] Country roads, take me home

My Grimfrost drinking horn arrived hurrah!!!

https://grimfrost.com/products/drinking-horn-xl

1 Like

What in Gnomeregan’s name was going on while I got my rear handed to me in Dr. Mario. Followed by a pressure message and a hot salt rock cleansing for my back?

Nice! Authentic looking!

Sounds like me i did the same thing thought that’s okay because when i stronger i am going to come back this time around it’s going to be me curb stomping you. lol

1 Like

My son tells me there was a city van parked in front of my house yesterday. Reasonably sure my one less-than-pleasant neighbor called in about my yard. It’s… unruly. Haven’t been able to mow it just lately, because it seems every time I have a day off, it’s raining. The most annoying part is that after checking the forecast yesterday, I was planning to mow it today (as soon as my headphones are charged, in fact), so now the smug jerk is going to think his tactics are effective.

This would be the same neighbor who used to call the cops on me for having the audacity to park on his side of the street in front of his house. He tried it again this winter, only to have the cops explain to him the odd-even parking restriction that is in effect November-April. He still glares every time he sees me. I just smile and wave, because I know it just infuriates him more. :innocent:

5 Likes

Listening to 80’s music while cleaning is awesome.

Well known fact:. 80’s tunes help eliminate 87.9% more germs while cleaning.

Thank you for coming to my Ted Talk.

8 Likes

I have an 80’s Rock station on my Pandora. Among about a dozen others…

5 Likes

Got a new Galaxy S10+ this week. First thing I did was re-download my entire Def Leppard catalog.

6 Likes

This was one of the first “Compact Discs”, later to be known as CDs, that I owned! Haha!

2 Likes

Out of curiosity, would this neighbor be dumb enough to think that the city moves that fast in the first place? He has to know that there is no way that the mail could even get to you that quickly.

And what is this odd even thing? I would think it is a public street, and barring no parking signs you are free to park wherever you would like. Sounds like all your houses cars need to wind up in front of his house haha.

1 Like

You need to borrow a herd of sheep.:sheep: We have the same problem here. Too much rain. The grass never dries out and just keeps on growing.

2 Likes

Where I live most streets have alternate parking signs.

https://www.gannett-cdn.com/-mm-/23f25ee10576c42fd35c6826a116fabfc241304e/c=0-182-3000-1870/local/-/media/Rochester/2014/12/22/B9315598622Z.1_20141222125920_000_GL19G1AUP.1-0.jpg?width=3200&height=1680&fit=crop

The streets aren’t wide enough with cars parked on both sides and, parking being in tight supply, they don’t want abandoned cars stored on the roads. Some wider roads have alternate parking only in the winter.

1 Like

Ahhh thank you. That makes more sense now. I had never heard of that before.

I think this is why my backyard grows so much. It catches shade from the house until the afternoon, so the grass retains a lot more moisture, and grows like crazy.

1 Like

I had the same thing happen to me, Neighbor lived catty-cornered across from me, he always had traffic coming in and out, I and my next door neighbor despised the guy but to be respectable I told him as long as he keeps whatever he’s doing on his side of the street we’d get along fine.
Next thing I know I’ve got a notice taped to my house about the grass being too high (Just like you rain and work schedule inhibited me from cutting it) and also about a TV I had placed on the porch for another neighbor to have that hadn’t picked it up yet, I took the paper and went straight to the City, I understood the grass but the porch was clean other then the TV.
They changed it from a ticket to just a warning and from then on I made sure at least the front was cut weekly, Back meh, Privacy fence took care of that, LOL’

What tickled me most was all of a sudden one morning I heard 2 loud explosions and so I walk outside and there parked in their front yard was a Humvee full of Swat in camo gear and Suv’s with their lights on parked from one end to the other of the road it was the DEA and they had launched these tear gas grenades through 2 windows on opposite ends of the house and got him and his entire family for dealing in Hard stuff also maintaining a dwelling for the use and sale. Now our neighborhood is at peace, Thank God

1 Like

Never had CS launched in my immediate neighborhood, I’m glad to say; but it really is disconcerting when you see a group of police entering a house down the block, from both doors simultaneously, with weapons drawn.

2 Likes

Your road looks similar to mine (less all the snow), Most of the homes on our street were built during the 1920-1930 era but built out of true 2 X 6’s and 2 X 4’s and also are hardwood and not these shaved down versions of them made out of pine and particle board.

Yes, I think he probably would be that dumb. All he knows is that he called in a complaint, they came out (allegedly; the van being there might have been a coincidence, as they city’s maintenance garage is just down the block), and the next day I mowed.

Odd-even parking just means on odd days you park on the odd side of the street, even days you park on the even side. Its only purpose is to facilitate snow removal, so it’s only in effect from mid-November to mid-April, and then only from 6am to 6pm.

The first time he called the cops on me for parking in front of his yard (some 15 or so years ago), the responding officer gently but firmly advised him that his property rights ended at the curb, precisely where his property ended.

I used to love it when I’d have to bring my boss’s 24’ trailer home for the weekend. There wasn’t enough room between driveways on my side of the street, so guess where it sat overnight or over the weekend? :innocent:

2 Likes

That shot isn’t far from my home, but it is a stock image of one of the signs from the local paper, not my street.
Here’s a shot looking across the street from my front porch, took it of the lilac bushes in a neighbor’s front yard. My house was built in 1909, some in the neighborhood are older, a few newer.

https://imgur.com/a/AzCTOQA

My house is old enough to have American chestnut trim, slowly stripping it back to natural from the many coats of paint it got through the years.

https://imgur.com/a/VZGRRxu

1 Like

Yeah Mast; We could let the sheep eat the grass and then come fall have some meat for the winter :cut_of_meat:

Or we could do like a neighbor of mine not far away that raises Miniature Pygmy Goats, Those things are so cute, The wife and I stop and just watch them running around and playing in their yard sometimes.

2 Likes

Good morning everyone, looks like I missed a party last night. D:

1 Like