[CS LOUNGE] Country roads, take me home

A strong drink.

8 Likes

The sky was red this morning when I woke up and I almost crawled back under the covers. Lots of rain this morning. Unfortunately, I had to do stuff early this morning or I would have risked the extra hour of snoozing. ~looks longingly at pillow and blanket~

1 Like

This is the part where I fake an Aussie accent to disguise the fact that Iā€™m tempted by the idea of an adult beverage atā€¦ not quite 8:00am local.

In all fairness, Iā€™ve been awake for 14ish hours. If I was on a ā€˜normalā€™ sleep/wake cycle, this would be my early evening.

Soā€¦ Cheers! :beers:

3 Likes

I didnā€™t specify what sort of strong beverage. It could be coffee. :wink:

2 Likes

Well, yeah, I meanā€¦ I suppose that would be more appropriate.

ā€¦ but I have added a trip to the liquor store to todayā€™s to-do list.

2 Likes

Ah, that new-Lounge smell.

1 Like

Gnomie-Gnomes. Lots of them. Just squeeze, squeeze and squeeze. They love hugs!

1 Like

I finally did it, saw the Avengers movie tonight. I can finally venture on to other forums again! And go lurk in public discords. Social life rejoice! :tada:

4 Likes

We bought a new washer 5 years ago. Our refurbed one finally was starting t ok kick the bucket.

Decided on a new dryer when we bought our new house 3 years ago. It is a gas dryer and so so soooo much more efficient.

Then last summer we got a new dishwasher. Each purchase I was more happy than I should have been lol.

Also, got called in AGAIN. This is getting old. Even my wife is upset and she is at work all day so it is not like we are losing spending time together.

I would like to stop getting bad news from doctors, please.

4 Likes

Before I knew the John Denver version, I knew the version in Whisper of the Heart.

Very nice! (The way I see it, being good with $$ is the best freedom to have that kind of fun silly purchase without it backfiring.)

Now Iā€™m curious - do either of you have yours named in any way? (Or anyone else with a car, really?) I named mine very early on based on the letters on the license plate, which is a silly reason but I like the name.

1 Like

Put in a couple job apps for the first time in a while. Pretty nervous thoughā€¦

2 Likes

Iā€™ve stopped going for that reason.

2 Likes

Sorry,that was me

5 Likes

My Explorer was the extacy truck for a while.

The old plate started 4XTC haha

I am finally off. Boss called a department wide meeti g Monday. She gonna set some people, delusional people straight. She also said she gonna stop covering shifts if some peoe that would have to pick up slack, continue to be ungrateful.

I can get behind that. Means I get covered still because we just do. She and I had a good conversation about it today. She wanted to know how we did it. So I told her. And I told her how much it kills me by the end of the day. And she said and yet you never complain. Some peoe in for a hard reality check.

I smiled.

3 Likes

Woot! Car is ready to be picked up! New transmission is installed, and they took the opportunity to replace a hose that looked to be on its last legs as well. Only cost me the equivalent of thirteen car payments.

On the bright side, after replacing the transmission today, and the radiator in March, there doesnā€™t seem to be much left that warrants a scheduled maintenance. :grinning:

5 Likes

Exactly the kind of thing I did. I initially misread mine as DRK - and since it is a dark gray called metallic with mostly black interior, I thought that was cool. Then I realized it was RDK and immediately it earned the name Riddick.

4 Likes

My truckā€™s name is ā€œMissyā€ Sheā€™s an old gal, but still has what it takes.

2 Likes

I became enamored with the 2013 Ford Fusion/Mondeo because it looks (I think) quite a bit like an Aston Martin. Everybody else sees the grille and is reminded of a whale shark. So, I should probably call it Scuba. :wink:
Imgur

5 Likes

My sons Sonic is a 2006? I think. It has about 5000 miles on it. The dealer wants us to trade it in real bad. He only drives it to work and back.

1 Like