[CS Lounge] Ahh home, let me come home~ šŸŽ¶

Darn it! Iā€™m hungry againā€¦

I live in tornado alley. Luckily, none of my stuff has achieved weightlessness. Luckily, nobody elseā€™s stuff has suddenly found gravity at my house either.

4 Likes

Ugh. I finally sucked it up and went to the doctor. Being tested for whooping cough. And Mooā€™s stroller broke.

Ended up in the hospital again. I had just passed a kidney stone last month, only to get another one. This time, itā€™s larger and hurts a lot more.

Called for an ambulance since I couldnā€™t drive with that much pain. Luckily they said I should pass it normally, but to go back if the pain comes back.

Gave me a prescription for the infection and pain meds, but couldnā€™t fill it because all the pharmacies were closed. Begged for some starters, and finally got enough to last until tomorrow.

Been having tremors a lot lately, might have to get tested. When I was at the hospital and at the dentists, they kept asking if I had Parkinsons.

Definitely get tested. Thatā€™s something you donā€™t want to mess around with.

2 Likes

Going to agree with this, go tell a doctor whats happening and get some sort of test done, perhaps an MRI? (They have open MRIā€™s, which is a wonderful thing.)

Medical Trivia: Some viruses are known to be very difficult to eradicate and will often just enter hibernation for decades. Varicella zoster virus is one of them, more commonly known as chickenpox. Thatā€™s why you may develop herpes zoster (shingles) later in life if you got chickenpox as a kid. The virus wakes up, and dormancy tends to alter it a bit, so it acts differently.

1 Like

But Andorian Shingles make you bleed from your eyes. Just ask him:

I get tremors often and found out it was due to my sugar getting too low; Now I carry saltine crackers and hard butterscotch candy which subsides it in a few minutes.
Hope your tremors are due to something as minor as mine was Thunder.

/tar Kittin
/Pick on

Iā€™m really missing the old lounge activity.
Nostalgia, bad!

2 Likes

Additional bit of trivia regarding chickenpox and shingles; the medical term for the latter, herpes zoster, is no coincidence. The varicella zoster virus is indeed related to the more common understanding of the word ā€˜herpesā€™.

Whelp. I survived another weekend. Not quite sure how,but here I am.

Have an appointment with a behavioral psychologist for my son today. Something is there. We donā€™t know what, but there is something. I need to know the what it is.

It hit me so hard Saturday, my wife could tell via text, she called me and had him talk to me. I needed it. I worry about him. I just need to get to the bottom of this. I truly hope I am over reacting butI donā€™t think i am. Emotions donā€™t swing that much when not getting your way or when being parented. Man I love that bugger and would do anything for him.

3 Likes

I used to have a hair-trigger temper. Iā€™d be fine, then Tasmanian Devil. Turns out mine was a food allergy. Now that I no longer eat it, or touch it, I donā€™t have that issue.

3 Likes

I applaud you trying as best you can to get help for your son. My father knew I had a problem and needed help but refused to believe it and even belittled me for it for years. My mother finally got me help and we later found out I had a condition that caused a hormone imbalance that was making things even worse.

I hope they are able to tell you something other than they donā€™t know.

3 Likes

Ok, Mother Nature ā€“ make up thy mind! Yesterday ran the AC, today Iā€™m running the heat.

Side note: Why is that when I put the height/width tags into the img src link that it shows appropriately sized in the preview, but then makes a very tiny thumbnail once posted?

Roll 1D4:

1 :sun_with_face:
2 :snowflake:
3 :sun_behind_small_cloud:
4 :cloud_with_lightning_and_rain:

Itā€™s a toss up really

8 Likes

The weather in game is crazy, too. Itā€™s raining in the tunnel from Arathi to the Hinterlands. :laughing:

The temperature shifts have been giving me headaches and most of the people I know in the area feel lousy. I want spring. And I want it now. Not winter, not summer. Spring. Like the tales from Ye Olden Days when temperatures were mild and didnā€™t fluctuate 30Ā°F or more in a day.

2 Likes