[CS Lounge] Ahh home, let me come home~ šŸŽ¶

For whatever odd reason I was never aa fan of sitcoms, didnā€™t love Lucy, wasnā€™t happy with Happy Days, absolutely couldnā€™t stand Seinfeld. Iā€™m sure there were others but the only ones that come to mind were mostly British shows, and Northern Exposure I loved that show. Guess I just have odd tastes.

As things are now there are three differences between buying time one month at a time or buying it via a subscription; subscriptions require a credit or debit card, subscriptions are paid in advance so you have a commitment, I use a six month subscription if I decide to quit after two months I donā€™t get my money back for the other four months, but the price per month is slightly less with a subscription.

Nobody knows yet how Classic will be handled, itā€™s not even for sure theyā€™ve decided.

Ouch, better than nothing but when I was on that it was very expensive.

Had a bit of excitement about an hour ago. Went upstairs to grab a drink, and as I pass the front door, I see a dog sitting on my front step. All white Siberian Husky, female.

Sweet girl; I thought she was gonna bolt when I opened the door, but she just moved off a few feet and waited to see what I was going to do. Let her smell me, then picked her leash up. As soon as I did, she heeled and let me lead her into the house.

I took her to the kitchen and gave her a bowl of water, then cleaned her leash (and my hands - sheā€™d gotten poo on it). While I was doing that, #3 roommate called the number on her rescue tag. half hour later, her foster dad was here to pick her up.

Her name is Riley, and sheā€™d been lost since yesterday afternoon. Her foster family lives just a couple miles from here.

6 Likes

Thereā€™s a sticky thread about what is currently known about Classic in the Classic forum.

1 Like

She is gorgeous

scritches

Whereas Iā€™ve always been a huge Star Trek fan and just canā€™t get into it. I enjoyed the first two episodes well enough, but Iā€™ve never been a fan of ā€œimaginary friend confusionā€ humor or stories so I couldnā€™t get through the third.

By being a middle-man. Which Alvie is not.

1 Like

No, you wouldnā€™t miss anything. Active game time is active game time - whether it is subscription, cards, tokens or even gifted. The WOW Classic access, from what was said, would be available via active game time.

Seriously, the only difference is that on the day it expires, a sub automatically renews (no action required by you) and any other method requires you to take a specific action to add more time.

2 Likes

I canā€™t believe I slept through todayā€™s entertainment. Thatā€™s a bummer.

1 Like

Iā€™m a big Trekkie, and would love to see it, but Iā€™m not at all interested in yet another streaming subscription, especially for a service with only two shows Iā€™m even remotely interested in (the other being the Twilight Zone reboot with Jordan Peele).

3 Likes

Good job with Riley Teuf.

With all the snow weā€™ve been getting, Iā€™m not surprised pets are getting lost out there. Good thing you rescued her before it gets cold next week.

You earned your :popcorn:

1 Like

Well to be fair I said middle woman haha.

1 Like

All these services really do kind of bother me if I am being honest. I would love to see the new Teen Titans. I would love to see the new Young Justice. Not enough for yet another serviceā€¦ At some point, enough is enough. Everyone has thst point. Fairly certain I have reached mine.

And still bitter about Daredevil and Punisher haha

Surprisingly, mine is only going to be ~$600/mo after paying out the initial remaining premiums I had. Iā€™m quite happy about that and will not be looking that gift horse in the mouth, lol.

The dentist made molds of my teeth for my partials. icky stuff.

Angry start to the morning. I think Iā€™m going to log in and kill stuffā€¦

2 Likes

The explosion in streaming options is going to take us back to piracy levels like were going on 5-10 years ago. The conceit of each provider to think they should run their own service because they can is stagerring, canā€™t quite wait for institutional shareholders to wake up to this.
What I find particularly frustrating is the inability to purchase certain titles one some services. The one that continues to baffle me is how in Australia, for many years, it was impossible to purchase S01 of Babylon 5 from any online service. This seems to have changed in the past six months of so, but itā€™s just nuts.
I mean, I realise itā€™s up to the rights holders to do what they want how they want. But stillā€¦ urgh

2 Likes

The dentists office makes me nervous. x_X