[CS Lounge] Ahh home, let me come home~ 🎶

Didn’t love American style spin off to happy days?

Not that I’m aware of. There was a movie called American Pie that led to the Happy Days t.v. series though, I think.

Think it was the first showing of Richie Cunningham.

The series began as an unsold pilot starring Howard, Ross and Anson Williams, which aired in 1972 as a segment entitled “Love and the Television Set” (later retitled “Love and the Happy Days” for syndication) on ABC’s anthology show Love, American Style. Based on the pilot, director George Lucas cast Howard as the lead in his 1973 hit film American Graffiti, causing ABC to take a renewed interest in the pilot.

oops, it was American Graffiti I was thinking of not American Pie. I must be hongry!!!

RATS!! Now I’ve got a song chorus stuck in my head:
:headphones:
So bye-bye, Miss American Pie
Drove my Chevy to the levee but the levee was dry
And them good old boys were drinking whiskey 'n rye
Singing, This’ll be the day that I die
:headphones:

2 Likes

The pilot for Happy Days was turned down by ABC, but was used as an episode for Love, American Style.

Based on that pilot, George Lucas cast Ron Howard as the lead in his film American Graffiti.

Because that film was a big hit ABC reconsidered and contracted for two seasons of Happy Days, staring and about Richie Cunningham, Fonzie being a minor character in the series. When ratings tanked during the second season the plot was retooled to center on “The Fonz”.

Happy Days then spun off Lavern and Shirly, Joanie Loves Chachi, and Mork and Mindy.

Two winners and one loser.

Mork and Mindy was the launch pad for Robin Williams’ career.

3 Likes

Thank you TomTen. I remembered they were related in some way shape or form just not exactly how. I k ew of the haply days spin offs as well.

Something a bit silly!

2 Likes

I had a warlock once I named after what I thought the Swedish chef would be named.

Tired of peolme telling me how to play my Shaman. Only one person I will listen to. Our raid leader reached out I. The Shaman Discord and spent a lot of time pouring over logs with a leader of their simcraft community. Turns out I was given bad advice on this new build.

That I will respect and listen to. And work on adjustments with. But Tom Dick and Jane need to back off before I scrap a potentially more lucrative build for our team going forward.

Oh well rant over haha.

Pizza was for dinner. Now off to get kiddo from work.

1 Like

I used to tell people outside of my raid team that gave me more than a little ‘advice’ on my build/gear choices that they could dictate how I spec’d and geared as soon as they paid for my subscription fee. They usually stopped bothering me after that. It may have been a bit rude of me but so were they, more than once.

And it looks like my pupper is okay. It seems to be something some dogs get when they get up there in years and she is almost 14. I had another dog that developed the same things on her legs but I had forgotten about them.

I made a beef, broccoli and cauliflower stew in the crock pot last night. Turned out great. Even better today as leftovers.

3 Likes

That is great news!

1 Like

I got to watch him perform at TwitchCon. He’s such a nerd, it’s cute.

At his performance, when the fireworks went off he shouted Pharah’s ult line.

This might be the best thing I have read today, and I have read some pretty damn good things.

2 Likes

I was so worried at first as she wouldn’t let me look at it since I had just done her nails and she really hates getting her nails trimmed and just wanted me to leave her alone. But this morning, checking her leg, I realized what it most likely was. And after consulting with a vet, they agreed. ~big sigh of relief~

I’ll keep a close eye on it and she goes back in a few months.

1 Like

Hi, I have a question but I don’t know if it really needs its own thread. What difference is there in paying for a subscription to WoW and just buying game time other than preference? Am I missing out on features or something if I only choose to buy game time?

It would’ve been better in its own thread. This one is a highly active thread, but there’s a chance it would’ve just gotten buried in casual discussion.

Subscriptions are recurring payments, and so can only be set up with a credit card because they’re automatically charged at every interval you specify. Blocks of game time are pre-paid, and can be purchased by any method Blizzard allows, be it cash, card, or Balance, and you just have to remember to keep purchasing it at your leisure.

1 Like

Do I need to have a certain trust levels to post pictures?

1 Like

Trust level 3, yah.

1 Like

Ah, boo. I guess I’ll have to set up an imgur account or something?

Imgur seems the best at the moment, yeah, though they made some UI changes that seems to emphasize posting pictures to the community rather than just storing your pictures. It’s annoying, especially on the mobile app. :rage: