[CS Lounge] A New Year! 20-Years of WoW!

Married, moved to another state, took a job with Wizards of the Coast which was another dream job she wanted. She left Blizzard in 2020-ish. Left WotC for a job that was out of the CM role, and into a game dev role that she really wanted! She was doing well with that job, living closer to her family in her new location, and such.

Then Twitter changed hands and she closed her Twitter so I don’t know right this second how she is.

6 Likes

Well, hopefully she’s happy.

3 Likes

Please indulge a question from the utterly clueless. What exactly is a Butterfrog? Thanks

Haha.

The butterfrog is a faerie dragon/sprite darter (I think it’s the same critter). One of the previous members of my team was named Syndri and her avatar was the faerie dragon/sprite darter.

10 Likes

I am trying very hard to remember this but I THINK it was a nickname for Syndri (a CM) who used the sprite darter avatar on the forums.

I think… it was a bit before my time being an MVP and meeting folks.

I hope so too. I miss her a lot. Both working with her in her CM capacity and as a person who I used to chat with. My dad actually asked me the other day if I knew how she was doing. We were chatting about Blizzard in general and the changes. He knows I miss some of the folks we had here.

3 Likes

…and where the (long overused) joke of eating people on the forum came from. Me targeting her. It went to Moonkin and branched out to Gnomes and pretty much every race.

5 Likes

Thanks everyone!

5 Likes

Random question that I know might not have an answer: Does anyone know why the WTF folder has that name?

2 Likes

It stands for Warcraft Text File. They are used for settings, including for UI, characters, and such. I assume someone also had a sense of humor when creating the name and acronym.

6 Likes

I never knew that was what it stood for, and I agree with you; someone had a sense of humor when making that.

2 Likes

I have to agree, but it’s just interesting given the rules about masked language.

1 Like

The rules about language only apply to players, not Blizzard. They fall under their own rules. I am sure I don’t need to explain the difference between ESRB rated content and player created content :slight_smile: Yes, it is a bit amusing though.

3 Likes

Ugh watching the premier of big brother canada and yuck i forgot why i dont watch BB superficial shallow and ugh no personality.

I never could get into Big Brother. Luckily for me though, my guilty pleasure also premiered tonight. The Masked Singer started back up stateside. It’s the only show I actively sit down for when it airs rather than binging it later.

2 Likes

I cant stand either that i hate that judge not funny just plain annoying.

Nick Cannon? Yeah, I can do without him. I can appreciate all the grief he gets for trying to populate a small country all on his own. It’s just goofy and mindless fun. The performers tonight were all actually pretty good, save for one obvious troll of the episode. And that was done intentionally.

I can’t even hate on Rita Ora filling in for Nicole this season.

Ken Jeong is who i cant stand.

That’s fair. His schtick has dragged out over the course of ten seasons now. Surprisingly, he didn’t even do the “I know EXACTLY who this is…” thing at all tonight. I do love it when Joel McHale guest judges. I adore the two of them together.

1 Like

The creator of "Red Vs. Blue", “RWBY”, "Gen:Lock " and many other creations over the years is closing down.

4 Likes

butterfrog’s been gone for ages, but she’s currently enjoying her new role

3 Likes