[CS Lounge] A New Year! 20-Years of WoW!

Gag mushrooms om no fungui when it comes to mushrooms there like cilantro to me slimy and disgusting small pieces. Like in mushroom soup fine butill always ask for no mushrooms i cant stand the taste of peas either.

Agreed. Green peppers (or any kind of sweet pepper) keep out of my pie. If I felt compelled to add more green veggies, I would do green beans. Or broccoli, and then Iā€™d probably think cheese should be added tooā€¦

My go to winter chicken dish, when I have time, is chicken & noodles. Cook 4 chicken thighs with some carrots, celery, onion, and garlic in water or chicken broth for an hour or two. Strain it or otherwise remove everything from the broth. If you have time, chill the broth so the fat rises up and you can skim it off. Or leave it in, but itā€™s a lot if you used thighs with skin on. Cut up the chicken and put it back in the broth, cook noodles in it, add veggies if you like. I use Reames frozen egg noodles and usually frozen mixed veggies or peas & carrots. If it isnā€™t strong enough add broth or bouillon. Salt & pepper to taste.

2 Likes

Home made ckn broth well buy rotiseri ckn for ckn wnchiladaa and use the bones for broth.

Thereā€™s nothing wrong with store bought crusts: as both of my grandmas, who were fantastic cooks, said, ā€œI just buy 'em.ā€

And my go-to recipe is a pound of chicken, some mixed veggies, chicken gravy. Cook it all, throw it in the crust, cover with the other crust, bake for 20-25 minutes (until the crust is golden).

2 Likes

RNG really hates my warrior. Maybe six items dropped for my spec over all LFR. I rolled three "1"s, one item went to a DK with a 483 (or something close) in the slot, and (amazingly) I won a pair of boots with a slight ilvl upgrade to what I already had. Hrmph.

1 Like

The Austin location will have their Grand Opening at 3pm on February 19 according to their Instagram post today. You can make Jambalaya by simply ordering a side of rice and a side of sausage in the whole shebang sauce to your heat level. I get medium so that it doesnā€™t overpower the flavor.

1 Like

Since im sure you have seen ur fair share of cover letters any good strong advice.

All the pink, letā€™s gooooooo!!!

:dracthyr_heart:

3 Likes

Donā€™t use AI to write it!!!

5 Likes

There was definitely a lot of pink in the trading post this month.

1 Like

Wouldnt dream of it going for a supervisor in training program and i was told its not advertised but a cover letter singing ur pros is a good thing.

1 Like

Looks like there might be a new mount coming for ā€œLove is in the Airā€ holiday, if this entry in the mount journal is correct:

2 Likes

I am not Vrak, but I can offer some advice.

1. Keep it organized and clear. Start with a brief introduction of yourself and your background (current position/title, years experience, education). What position you are applying for, and why.

2. In the following paragraphs detail your actual experience and skills that are relevant to the new position.

3. End with telling them why you are a good fit for that position.

Have someone proofread it. Maybeā€¦ have them proofread it many times.

6 Likes

Any advice is good i got alot of ur advice from google but never hurts to ask others apreciate it.

Actually, I havenā€™t had all that much experience with them. Iā€™ve had a few jobs over the years where I did the hiring, but it was retail or in the service industry, so cover letters were few and far between.

When an applicant did have one it very often helped in making my decisions, though as often as not it let me know when the person wasnā€™t right. I always liked short cover letters, donā€™t cover the same things you do in your resume and keep it short. I had one person give me a three page cover letterā€¦ ?!?

Quadruple-check your spelling and grammar, and watch for repeat words/sentences. As Mirasol suggested, having someone proof it is important. We often gloss over our own errors when weā€™ve read something several times, especially after editing.

8 Likes

Good advice. 3 pages yikes id kerp mine to one page ty both for the advice.

2 Likes

We really need a restaurant here that makes homemade soups and breads (and only that). Having Seinfeld flashbacks now, lol.

I have caught whatever bug is travelling through our area at the moment (covid test was negative last night) and I do not feel like cooking at all.

But at least I can order a 1/2 gallon of Pasta e Fagioli from Olive Garden. Hoping it helps a little.

EDIT: Okay that soup was great! Also ordered some toasted ravioli. Perfect comfort food for when it is cold and you are sick. Got a nice little bucket and ladle out of the deal as well, lol.

1 Like

Oh, here is a nice idea, especially for those that have kids that are science minded.

Have them apply to NASA as an astronaut. NASA will send back an official letter saying they looked over the application and at that time, they donā€™t think he/she are qualified. Did that for my full spectrum nephew, he was seriously tickled pick, and has the letter framed on his wall.

6 Likes

Come to grandma leeā€™s in wetaskiwin. There chicken noodle soup will kill anything. Then again so will my chili.

1 Like

Sounds delicious.

My go to is almost always Hot and Sour soup from some hole in the wall Chinese restaurant.

2 Likes