[CS Lounge] A New Year! 20-Years of WoW!

Despite not liking coffee at all, coffee ice cream is my favorite flavor lol.

My first exposure to a Blizzard game was watching my roommate play Warcraft 2 in 1995 and going what the heck is that. I went out and bought both WC1 and WC2 the next day, been with the series since. Diablo was never as big of a thing to me…I played D1 and D2 but never finished either. D3 was the first one I completed the story of.

That said, Diablo died the day Immortal was announced for me, and I’ve found myself not caring about the series since. And I’ve heard enough about D4 to completely turn me off from it.

3 Likes

There may have been a small scream when they started putting in the catheter, lidocaine, and flushing the artery in prep for the dye. As it went in the radial artery in my wrist. Afterwards they had a device in place over that area that was full of air to force the area to close back up.

The last time I had a heart cath (20 years ago) they went in through the femoral artery and I was under sedation the whole time. So being awake this time was very offputting.

Thanks!

4 Likes

I also have all the disk. And as far as I can remember, I have never been a kid. Of course they say that memory is the second thing that you lose getting older, I can not remember what is the first thing the you lose is!!

I’ve never tried anything with cashew milk. I don’t love cashews as nuts, but they might be fine in a dessert?

It doesn’t have an overwhelming flavor so you can’t taste it, in this instance, unlike the coconut milk ice-creams where you can absolutely taste the coconut.

As a side note, one of the best chocolate milks, imo, was the Silk chocolate cashew milk. I only seem to find the cashew almond in it now, which I haven’t tried.

1 Like

I had a procedure through the femoral vein. Like you, was sedated. Thought I was going to die from the back pain from being made to lie flat for 4 hours afterward. So I always thought arm might be better. But having to not use that arm for days? That sounds rough and maybe I actually would prefer 4 hours of back pain. Hope you get better soon!

1 Like

Thanks!

1 Like

Goals I had last Monday: sort out some things in my house, finish some minor work projects, start back going to the gym more regularly.

Goals I have this Monday: get strong enough to do the one-footed walker hop farther than 6 feet. :muscle:

Also why are there multiple silvery muscle emojis? :mechanical_arm: :mechanical_leg: Robot muscle?

2 Likes

I’ve had RSV for three weeks now, so I know how you feel. :frowning:

3 Likes

I’m sorry to hear you’re still not over it! I wonder if it has anything to do with having Covid previously. I have a co-worker that was sick with something like rsv or the flu for a month, but they couldn’t figure out what it actually was. She had Covid twice, iirc, a couple years ago even after the shot and boosters.

Anyway, I hope you feel better soon. :dracthyr_heart:

2 Likes

It was interesting when I had surgery on my right wrist. I found out my left hand writing is better than my right. I should have kept it up.

In mouse controls you can swap the left and right mouse buttons. It can make it easier.

1 Like

Not exactly a creamery, but there was a student run place on campus at my university that was open till midnight, and made some really good quesadillas.

I’m not that old, but I did play a good amount of Starcraft Broodwar back in the day

The thought process is either that or my Rheumatoid Arthritis. They’re seeing RSV last longer in people with RA and in people who have Long COVID.

My luck, it’s both and I’ll be like this for six weeks. :upside_down_face:

4 Likes

Oh, I hope not. Six weeks of respiratory illness sounds awful.

5 Likes

That brings memories off me and some friends staying up pretty much all night playing it on the PSX drinking surge to stay awake. lol

8 Likes

Ouch d1 and d1 hellfire expac even tho technically its not made by blizzard w1 and w2 are now in the shop.

This is gona be interesting wonder if they will do this with retail.

2 Likes

@Vrakthris you are getting a The Boiling Crab in Austin. I love the one in Burbank. They have really good fried catfish.

2 Likes

The only place to get good catfish near Austin is Catfish Parlor which in Georgetown. There used to be one in South Austin, but they shut down.

They have an all you can eat Catfish meal.

3 Likes

I can’t wait! I thought they did an incredible job with Afterlife. It was really reminiscent of the original, which was my favorite!

1 Like