[CS Lounge] A New Year! 20-Years of WoW!

cookies and cream

2 Likes

There is a candy store next to the game store I frequent. They asked me to try a new candy. Freeze Dried Taffy. At first it looked like a piece of foam, bit into it, and it melted in my mouth like cotton candy. It was quite tasty.

Also I got to try Butterscotch Root Beer. Now that was also tasty!

2 Likes

This sounds good. I donā€™t usually have the patience for kneading. I wanted to try steamed bread like I used to get at a Chinese restaurant, but didnā€™t want to make dough, so I tried it with frozen roll dough. Conclusion: steamed bread needs to be made with the correct dough, which frozen roll dough is not. I did produce something edible, but it wasnā€™t actually good. :slight_smile:

Iā€™m probably dating myself in saying this, but Iā€™ve pinned that now for later use. :laughing: I poked around and found a lot of different recipes that were minutely different, so weā€™ll see how this one turns out. (If nothing else it seemed to have the most comments about it being ā€œfoil proof.ā€) But thank you!

All of that sounds amazing. There used to be a little guy (who actually had won one of the Holiday Baking Challenges on Food Network) who had opened this amazing little bakery. I had never heard of a kouign-amann until I wandered in there. My grandmother would send me at least once a week to get her fix and try whatever other amazing goodies he had in that day. Unfortunately, COVID happened and honestly, Iā€™m sure the clientele - no matter how rabid we were - wasnā€™t enough to keep the books in the black.

That does sound interesting.

Any kind of chocolate but especially Ben and Jerryā€™s Chocolate Therapy. Almost any kind of chocolate chip cookie dough.

Ice cream? NOT the fruit flavors! Also not anything super super over loaded with syrup, fudge, no marshmallow.

I am not sure I have a favorite really? It was always Mint Chocolate Chip but I also like cookies and cream, chocolate chip cookie dough, or plain vanilla.

I wanted to go get ice cream last night but got 2 feet out the door, could not see anything due to fog, and turned around to go inside again.

The big bridge near me had a 40 car accident chain today with 13 or so people hurt :frowning: Fog related. Glad I stayed home last night. I did venture out today though for my prescriptionsā€¦and ice cream.

I got the cookies and cream. Oreo type bits in vanilla ice cream.

3 Likes

Thereā€™s a local chocolate place, they make their own chocolate and caramel, send it out and have it made into different ice creams.
My favorite is chocolate ice cream with caramel ribbons and Oreo pieces. I could eat the giant tub they serve it out of.
Their chocolate is divine. I keep some in my freezer for emergencies.

5 Likes

Rum Raisin. Enough said.

1 Like

My office building used to be next to a local chocolate and candy shop. They had their ice cream parlor across the street. It was a very difficult temptation to resist! Also my family used to get hand made local chocolates at xmas time.

I no longer work there, but yeah that is a very tempting combination!

2 Likes

I didnā€™t know this existed! I love Dr Pepper, that and ginger beer is the only soda Iā€™ll drink. I live in the land of in and out, next time I travel to Dallas Iā€™ll have to be on the look out for Whataburger

Ice cream flavors specifically for a banana split?

B&J tried that once but the bananas decided to split so they scrapped it.

1 Like

Just spent the last 2 hours building some shelves I got from Amazon. They look great. Just need to add some posters or tapestries to the walls.

1 Like

Shew, I saw that this morning too. Thankfully it didnā€™t look like it was too far out over the bay? People involved were sharing pictures on FB and such - with as many cars as there were in addition to the tractor trailers, itā€™s amazing it wasnā€™t worse than what it was - especially when counting the injuries. But I honestly canā€™t remember back when there was anything like this mess.

Bread turned out pretty good! If anything I wouldnā€™t be averse to adding just a teensy bit more salt next time. Or if I actually planned ahead, maybe make sure to have some fresh herbs on hand to zuzsh it up a bit.

5 Likes

Or cheese and jalapwnos

1 Like

Did u know william shatner is in revolution.

Guernsey Dairy is just down the road from me. Their butter pecan is award winning. Iā€™m not sure how far out of Michigan they ship though.

1 Like

Velvet Ice Creamā€™s dairy farm is about a half hour from me. But I grew up with Penn State Creamery ice cream, so sometimes itā€™s hard to like anything else. lol Itā€™s why I like Jeniā€™s. She trained there.

I also grew up with Sarris Candy not far from me, as well. That was always so much fun for Christmas and Easter!

I have a University Creamery close to me and have never been. I would have to leave the house or something and go to a new place! I know how to get thereā€¦but driving and all. I have heard that if you are at a Uni with a Creamery, it is always worth trying.

1 Like