[CS Lounge] A New Year! 20-Years of WoW!

DW did you forget to plug in your car?

1 Like

Underground parking.

1 Like

We headed to Mr. Pets today, we do dog training there upstairs.

2 Likes

Wait u get snowplows.

1 Like

Here in Canada our driver training is in the winter so we donā€™t need snow plows. Lmao

4 Likes

Well phooey. Cardiologist just said I need a heart cath done. Waiting on insurance approval and it will be scheduled soon after that. I so enjoyed the first one I had done, especially being allergic to the dye used.

9 Likes

5 Likes

I hope everything goes better this time. :dracthyr_heart: :people_hugging:

5 Likes

Thanks!

2 Likes

Received a summons today for jury duty selection in February next month. Itā€™s apparently for a 5-Day civil trial. My first summons I ever received as well.

So Iā€™ll have to see if I get selected then on the day I have to report to the local court house.

6 Likes

Iā€™ve been called twice. First time, I was assigned to a trial the first day, but I was selected as an alternate, so I was released before deliberations. The second time, I called every day, but was never required to appear.

Itā€™s a neat experience, but I also understand why people donā€™t want to do it.

3 Likes

I have been 3 times, and twice made it to the final rounds of selections for a murder trial. Thankfully there were reasons they did not want me in the end. I also had to sit to the final stages of a civil trial selection. It is interesting in a lot of ways, esp if you read up a bit first so you learn what to expect. I learned a lot just doing it. Also great people watching time.

For us, we had to call in each night and see if our juror number was needed the next day. If so, show up. Then they would do the morning organizational tasks and see if any of us needed to go to the court room and start actual selection. If not, usually we got dismissed before lunch.

Bring a book. The paper kind is nice as they donā€™t allow electronics in a lot of places - esp the court room. You also want to empty your pockets and bags before you go. Makes the security checkpoints easier.

4 Likes

I had that too. A guy was rushing his wife to the hospital because she was having a heart attack. He went around a stopped school bus and hit a kid crossing the road. His wife didnā€™t make it as well. Awful trial. Went on for months. I am lucky I didnā€™t get on that one.

Book is a good idea. Daytime tv is awful in my opinion. They had that blaring in the waiting area.

4 Likes

Last time I was called, I missed the summons in a pile of unread mail - found it like a week after the day. I called them to apologize and hope I could do a make-up or something. They said, oh, your group was never asked to come in, youā€™re good! Whew!

Long ago I was selected for a civil trial, but they settled halfway through the trial.

5 Likes

Guess who got forum rank 3 :slight_smile:

9 Likes

Congrats! :tada: :confetti_ball:

6 Likes

Thank you and thank for the waggle and Worgen tail threads lol

4 Likes

Youā€™re welcome! Come visit the other Lounge sometime!

Wasnā€™t me. :dracthyr_uwu: I may have posted in the waggle one once, I canā€™t remember though.

2 Likes

In other news, my forum avatar just updated and itā€™s weird! I got used to the pink Pally. :open_mouth:

3 Likes

Ack! I am not going to recognize you now!

4 Likes